How to post videos on Twitter, or embed videos in tweets
- You can post videos on
- You can also post videos on Twitter by copying and pasting a URL to embed in a tweet.
- Posting videos on Twitter allows you to share more content than you can through a text-based tweet.
The 280-character limit on Twitter can sometimes be limiting. That's why it's helpful to know how to post a video on Twitter.
You can record yourself sharing a long message and tweet the video with a bit of text, effectively increasing the amount of content you share. Or you can upload that amazing video of your cat or your panoramic sweep of the scenery at Machu Picchu.
You can also directly embed videos from platforms like YouTube into a tweet simply by copying and pasting URLs. Here's how to do it all.
How to post videos on Twitter from your computer
1. Go to the Twitter website and log in to your account, if necessary.
2. Click the What's happening? text box beside your profile photo to compose a new tweet.
3. At the bottom-left of the tweet window, hit the Media icon, which looks like a pair of mountains.
4. In the pop-up window, select the video you wish to upload from your device.
5. Add any text you want to tweet with the video, and hit Tweet.
How to post videos on Twitter from your mobile device
1. Open the Twitter mobile app on your iPhone, iPad, or Android and log in to your account, if necessary.
2. Tap the quill icon in the bottom-left corner of the screen to compose a tweet.
3. On the next page, hit the Media icon, which looks like a pair of mountains, at the bottom-left of the text window.
4. Record a video or select one from your phone. You may need to enable Twitter's access to your Camera or Photos app, which you can do via the Twitter tab on the main page of your phone's Settings app.
5. Add text, then hit Tweet.
How to embed videos in a tweet
1. Copy and paste the URL of the video from the platform that's hosting the video, like YouTube.
2. Paste the URL into a tweet - watch the character limit, as an incomplete link won't work. You should see an embedded video preview appear in the tweet text box.
3. Add text as wanted, then hit Tweet.How to save any GIF from Twitter using third-party apps on iPhone, Android, or desktopHow to mute keywords and phrases on Twitter (and avoid spoilers)What are Twitter Newsletters? How you can sign up to grow your Twitter following and monetize your contentHow to bookmark tweets on Twitter so you can reference them later
- India may require 31,000 pilots in next 20 years: Boeing
- Unlike global economy, India would not slow down: RBI article
- Tier-1 cities’ home sales is 2x of what it’s in tier-2 cities: PropEquity
- Thomas Cook India, SOTC launch Green Carpet to help companies manage carbon emissions of biz travel
- Moody's downgrades outlook for UBS to negative, after Credit Suisse take over