How to report a missing UPS package and file a claim online to earn a refund
- The sender or receiver of a missing
UPSpackage can open a claim with the company for a full refund.
- The entire claim process with UPS takes an average of 10 days to be completed.
- You can report a missing UPS
packageand file a claim at the UPS claims site.
When sending a package, UPS provides complete
Unfortunately, parcels do get delayed or even lost in transit, at which point you'll need to file a claim with UPS. However, before you file a claim, you'll need to wait at least 24 hours after the expected delivery date.
You must also ensure you've checked all the places your package could have been left, including outdoor spaces like porches and garages, as well as checking with neighbors who may have accepted it on your behalf. Should the package still be lost and it's been less than 60 days since the package was supposed to be delivered, you can proceed to file a claim by following these steps.
When you're ready to begin your claim, you can do so by visiting the UPS claims site and completing these steps.
How to file a missing package claim with UPS
1. Visit the UPS claims website and sign in to your account. If you don't already have a UPS.com account, you'll need to sign up for one to proceed.
2. Go to the "Start a Claim" section of the website to get started.
3. Fill in the details as requested, including tracking number and your status (e.g., shipper, receiver, or a third party).
4. Select which problem you're reporting. In this case, it will be a lost package.
5. Click Next.
6. Upload any documentation or evidence you have supporting your claim, including photos, payment receipt, and product descriptions.
7. Submit your claim.
How to track your UPS missing package claim
UPS claims tend to take about ten days to investigate and process completely, at which point you could receive a full refund should your claim prove successful. The shipper, receiver, or a third party can file a claim. Documentation and other evidence such as photos, receipts, or invoices must be provided for the case to be decided in the filer's favor.
After submitting your claim, you'll be updated regularly on its status via your preferred communication method. You can also check the status at any time by utilizing the Claims Dashboard, though you will need to be logged in to your UPS.com account to access this page.
Should you have further questions, you can contact UPS via the website for additional help.
Related coverage from Tech Reference:
- RANKED: The world's 20 strongest militaries
- I quit buying from Amazon 4 years ago. I get better deals on products elsewhere but still have to use their services.
- Gen Z faces more pressure at work than previous generations because technology has eliminated work-life boundaries, a psychology professor says
- From usernames to secret codes for locked chats, here are the upcoming WhatsApp features
- Coal sector PSUs poised to cross ₹21,030 crore Capex target for 2023-24
- Stock markets snap six-day rally; Sensex slumps over 400 points
- From Lathmar Holi to Jallikattu: India's most unusual festivals
- Orient Technologies files draft papers with Sebi to mop-up funds via IPO