How to reset a Facebook Portal if you plan to sell, return, or regift the video-chat device
- You can reset a
Facebook Portalto its factory settings manually on the device itself or through the touchscreen's settings page.
- Portal is an enhanced video-chat device that can be personalized and store data, like your social media account logins.
- You may want to reset the Facebook
Portalto the factory default if you plan to sell, return, or regift the device.
Although Facebook Portal's competitive advantage lies in its enhanced video and sound system, you may not feel a need to keep the device among other video-chat-capable devices.
If you want to pass your Portal on to a loved one for ease of communication with them in the future, the first thing you'll want to do is reset the device to its factory settings.
You can reset the device, wiping your linked accounts and any settings modifications, in a few easy steps.
Here are three different ways to reset the Portal.
How to reset a Facebook Portal through Settings
1. Tap your Portal if the screen is in picture frame mode to access the menu apps. If you have an app open, tap the Home button at the top.
2. Find and tap the "Settings" app, a green icon with a gear cog.
3. Scroll down, where you'll find "Factory Reset" at the bottom of the screen.
4. Confirm who is making the changes via your linked social media account.
5. You'll be asked if you're sure you want to proceed with the reset. Tap "Reset" to confirm.
How to manually reset a Facebook Portal (Portal and Portal Mini)
1. Unplug the Portal.
2. While pressing down and holding both the volume up and down buttons, plug your Portal back in.
3. You will get a notification that the Portal will reset in 10 seconds. Continue holding the volume buttons until the timer ends.
How to manually reset a Facebook Portal (Portal+ and first-generation Portal)
1. Press and hold the volume down button.
2. While still holding the volume down button, press and hold the power button.
3. When "Factory Reset" appears on your Portal display, tap it.
Related coverage from Tech Reference:
- Mukka Proteins IPO allotment – How to check allotment, GMP, listing date and more
- Know what are the 7 signs and symptoms of high cholesterol in your body
- Tata Motors to demerge biz into two separate listed companies
- Best drinks for constipation relief and digestive ease
- 10 Reasons why you should opt for plant-based diet