How to see your Android notification history so you can reference dismissed notifications from the past 24 hours
- You can see your
Androidnotification history on Android 11through the Settings app.
- In Settings, go to "Apps &
Notifications," then "Notifications."
- You can think of this feature like a recycle bin for accidentally deleted notifications.
Clearing notifications is a double-edged sword; there's a satisfying sense of accomplishment to dismissing them, but every once in a while, you might be overeager and discard a notification you needed to read in more detail.
If you have ever deleted a notification a moment before you realized you needed it, Android 11 has a handy new feature. Its notification history lets you browse dismissed alerts from the previous 24 hours. It's like a recycle bin for your app messages.
How to enable your Android notification history on Android 11Before you can begin using Android 11's Notification history, you need to turn it on.
- Open the Settings app and tap "Apps & Notifications."
- Tap "Notifications."
- Tap "Notification history."
- When you first come to this page, it should be empty except for the toggle at the top. Turn on Notification history by swiping the button to the right.
How to see your Android notification history on Android 11After you enable the notification history, recently dismissed notifications will populate this same page. To see your notification history, just come back:
- Open the Settings app, then tap "Apps & Notifications."
- Tap "Notifications."
- Tap "Notification History."
You should see all the recently dismissed notifications (anything from the last 24 hours). You can interact with the notification by tapping it, just as if it were in the phone's pull-down notification shade.How to set a Spotify song as an alarm on Android and wake up to your favorite music Where is my Android? How to locate your Android using Google's Find My Device service How to hide apps on an Android using the phone's launcher or a third-party app How to set a video as wallpaper on your Android device
- JP Morgan is doling out billions to fund the ‘Dirty Dozen’ Super League — the biggest disruption in the history of club football
- Domino’s India data breach allegedly exposes 1 million credit card details, 180 million order details
- Delhi’s one week curfew: checkout what is permitted and what is not
- TV ad volumes see a 3% drop during Jan-March 21 over previous quarter: TAM AdEx
- OPPO launches A54 smartphone in three variants in India starting at ₹13,490