How to set or change your 'Home' location on Google Maps and get quick directions to your residence
- To set or change your
Homelocation on Google Maps, head to the "Labeled" menu.
- You can find the Labeled menu in the "Saved" section of the
- Your Google Maps Home location always appears on the map, and can be a waypoint when asking for directions.
There are millions of individual businesses, roads, and points of interest available on Google Maps. But with all these spots highlighted on the map, it can be easy to lose track of the most important location: your house.
That's why Google Maps lets you save a Home location to your account. Your Home will always appear on the map, no matter how zoomed out you are. And when you tap the search bar or start looking for directions, Home will always appear as one of the first suggestions.
Here's how to set or change your Home on Google Maps, using the mobile app and website.
How to set or change your Home on Google Maps
In the mobile app
1. In the Google Maps iPhone or Android app, tap Saved at the bottom-center of the screen.
2. In the menu that appears, tap Labeled. A screen will appear with at least two options: Home and Work.
3. Tap Home to set it, or if you've already got a Home location, tap the three dots next to it and then Edit home.
4. The search bar will appear. Use it to find a new location, tap Choose on map to drop a pin directly onto the map, or (if available) tap Choose from Contacts to select a location you have saved in your contacts.
On the website
1. Find the location you want to set as your Home address on the map. You can search for it or just click it.
2. In the information panel that opens, scroll down and click Add a label.
3. A text field will appear. Type Home, and then click Home | Set your home address under the text field.
4. Click Set As Home in the pop-up.It can take years for Google Maps to update certain features - here's how they get the data to update Street View, traffic, and more How to measure distance in Google Maps on any device to help you create a personal route How to use Google Maps as a trip planner and make a full itinerary How to find your current location in Google Maps
- India’s techies are leaving IT firms in hordes — Here’s why
- Elon Musk’s puppy, a new strategy to burn tokens, and altcoins playing catch up — the perfect storm for cryptocurrency Shiba Inu to skyrocket
- A renowned female crime novelist who won a million-euro prize in Spain turned out to be three middle-aged men
- Vivo Y3s budget smartphone with HD+ display, 5,000mAh battery launched in India
- Delhi records its first death due to dengue this year
- Your phone may replace your metro card soon — DMRC is planning to introduce NFC payments at entry gates
- Crypto hackers now target iPhone users via dating apps like Bumble, Tinder
- HP Envy 14 review: A solid no-frills laptop for productivity and occasional gaming