How to set up your new Peloton Bike without professional help
- You can set up a
Peloton Bikeand Bike+ on your own by following the instructions offered by Peloton.
- The basic steps to set up a
Pelotoninvolve attaching the touchscreen, and then connecting it to Wi-Fi.
- Peloton offers phone support for customers that need additional help getting started.
As more people opt to work out at home instead of the gym, business has boomed for Peloton. The fitness company offers spin bikes and treadmills as well as thousands of live and on-demand
While it's possible to take workout classes from Peloton without owning Peloton's equipment, the physical bike is immensely popular. Unfortunately, buying a big piece of hardware also means setting it up.
Every Peloton bike purchase includes delivery and setup, but pandemic restrictions might prevent delivery agents from entering your home. In this case, you'll need to complete the setup process yourself. Thankfully, doing so is straightforward.
Note: Peloton offers telephone support for users who have trouble setting up their bikes or run into other issues during this process. In the US, Peloton Support can be reached at 866-440-7445.
How to set up your Peloton Bike
Given that the bike weighs 135 pounds, Peloton recommends that two adults move it. The bike has two wheels on the front stabilizers to make this process easier, but care should be taken when transporting it. If you're moving the bike up or down stairs, the company also recommends you disconnect the touchscreen.
How to disconnect and reattach your Peloton touchscreen
To disconnect your touchscreen, you should unplug the monitor cable and remove the square panel on the back of the screen. Then, using a Phillips-head screwdriver, remove the screws on the back of the touchscreen. Ensure someone is holding the screen during this process so that it doesn't fall.
To reattach the screen, line your touchscreen up with the monitor mount and using the same screwdriver, reattach the provided screws before replacing the square panel. Finally, plug in your monitor cables and you're good to go.
How to stabilize your bike
Your bike should be stabilized on the floor at all times to prevent tipping or rocking during workouts. To do this, turn the outer feet located on the front and rear stabilizers in a counterclockwise direction until they're all firmly on the ground. To test that your bike is stabilized, you can try to move the bike back and forth to ensure it doesn't rock.
How to power on your bike
Connect the power cord into the power jack located on the back of your bike, just above the rear stabilizer.
Then, plug the power supply into the wall and look for the LED light to turn green, indicating it's connected correctly. Then turn on your bike by pressing the power button at the back of the touchscreen.
How to connect your bike to Wi-Fi
All Peloton bikes require an active Wi-Fi connection to sign in and access the live and on-demand classes. Once you've turned on your Peloton bike for the first time, you'll be prompted to connect to Wi-Fi. To do so, select your Wi-Fi network and enter the network password. You'll only need to complete this process once - moving forward, your Peloton will automatically connect to this network.
If you change internet providers, get a new router, or simply want to connect to a new Wi-Fi network, you can change this information on your Peloton's screen. Tap the Wi-Fi network symbol in the top-right corner of the screen, and select your new network.
How to activate your Peloton account
When you purchase your Peloton, you're provided with an Activation Key. You can enter this or your username and password you chose when buying the bike. From here, you'll need to set up a new All-Access Membership by following these steps.
1. Tap the three dots (...) located in the bottom-right corner of your screen.
2. Tap "Profile Settings," then "Membership."
3. Here, you'll enter your credit card information so that Peloton can charge you for your monthly subscription. You can change or update your payment information at any time via this screen.
4. In this section, you can choose your leaderboard name, which is the name others will see when you're doing a Peloton class. You can also change or confirm your profile information, and connect to services like Spotify or Apple Music to save tracks you love when they're played during classes.How to log in to Peloton and access your classes and workout stats from the website or the app How to contact Peloton customer service to fix issues with your stationary bike or treadmill How to cancel your Apple Fitness Plus subscription on any Apple device How to cancel a Planet Fitness membership in 2 ways
- A student who accidentally became a millionaire with a cult following after selling his expressionless selfies as NFTs says he feels confused
- Internship at Bureau of Police Research & Development: Checkout all the details including last date, eligibility and stipend
- One of the largest cryptocurrency swapping platforms just lost $1.3 million as users failed to update approvals
- Consumers expect healthcare sector to see an increased allocation in the 2022 budget as the pandemic rages on: Kantar report
- Bharat Electronics Limited is looking to fill up 247 posts with a maximum monthly salary of ₹55,000
- iPhone SE 3, new iPad and Macs — Here’s what to expect from Apple’s spring event this year
- There are huge discounts on Nykaa, Zomato and shares of other listed tech startups
- ICICI Bank shares are sulking with the rest of the market, but analysts say it could make a lot of money for investors