How to stop your Google Chrome browser from blocking downloads temporarily or permanently
- You can stop
Google Chromefrom blocking downloadsby temporarily turning off the Safe Browsing feature, located in the Privacy and security section of Chrome's Settings page.
- Chrome's Safe Browsing feature is designed to protect you from malicious websites and infected files that can damage your computer or compromise your security.
- After you download the blocked file, it's a good idea to re-enable Safe Browsing.
Chrome's built-in security tools are your first line of defense against online malware, including dangerous websites and malicious downloads.
Unfortunately, Chrome is sometimes too cautious and can block perfectly safe files, which it believes might be dangerous.
If you are trying to download a file, but Chrome won't allow it, you can temporarily (or permanently) disable the browser's security. Of course, you should be sure the file is safe before you choose to override Chrome's protection.
Here's how to do it.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
How to stop Chrome from blocking downloads
1. Open Chrome and click the three-dot menu at the top right of the window.
2. In the drop-down menu, choose "Settings."
3. On the Settings page, in the You and
4. In the Privacy and Security section of the main page, click "Security."
5. In the Safe Browsing section, click "No protection (not recommended)" to turn the feature off.
6. Click "Turn off" in the pop-up to confirm you want to do this.
7. Download the file that was blocked.
Related coverage from Tech Reference:
- Elon Musk sparks another Shiba Inu rally ‘to the moon’ — other Shiba coins follow suit
- The best wildlife photos of the year show a curious grizzly, dueling reindeer, and fish swimming through a cloud of sperm
- Trading app Public lists shiba inu coin on its trading platform as the Robinhood rival broadens crypto offerings
- This Ethereum-based metaverse is letting crypto fans own land on the Red Planet, even though international space laws would disagree
- Unemployment rate in India sees a dip after a month
- L&T aims to become carbon neutral by 2040 and here's how
- Paytm may drop its pre-IPO sale as advisors recommend lower valuation
- Adidas onboards Deepika Padukone as its global brand ambassador