How to sync a Wii Remote to a Wii, Wii U, or PC
- You can sync a
Wii Remoteto a Wiior Wii Uconsole by pressing the sync button on both the remote and the console.
- You'll need to sync each Wii Remote separately before using them.
- If your Wii Remote won't sync, make sure its batteries aren't low, and try closing whatever game is currently open.
Before you start playing your
Here's how to sync a Wii Remote with a Wii or Wii U, and what to do if they won't connect.
How to sync your Wii Remote to a Wii
1. Turn on your Wii and open the SD card cover on the front of the console to find the SYNC button. It's a dark red square.
2. Grab the Wii Remote you want to sync and remove the battery cover to find its SYNC button - a small red button below the batteries.
Note: If you have one of the special Wii Remotes with a hole in the battery cover and a tool on the wrist strap to push the SYNC button, you can skip this step.
3. Press and release the SYNC button on the Wii Remote. The four lights on the front of the Wii Remote will blink.
4. While the lights on the Wii Remote are still blinking, press and release the SYNC button on the Wii console.
5. When the four lights on the Wii remote stop blinking and one light remains lit (indicating the player number, one to four), you've successfully synced the remote.
Repeat these steps for any additional Wii Remotes. You can pair up to four Wii Remotes with a console at once.
How to sync your Wii Remote to a Wii U
1. With your Wii U turned on, grab the Wii Remote you want to sync and remove its battery cover to find the small red SYNC button. If you have a Wii Remote with a hole in the battery cover that leads to the SYNC button, you can just use that.
2. Press and hold the SYNC button located on the front of the Wii U console for a few seconds until you see the sync menu appear on-screen.
3. Press the SYNC button on the Wii Remote. The four lights on the front of the Remote will start blinking, and once it pairs with the console, only one will remain lit. It'll also appear on-screen in the 1 box.
Repeat these steps for any other controllers you want to pair. You can sync up to four Wii Remotes to a Wii U, but only one GamePad can be connected at any given time.
How to sync your Wii Remote with a PC
Your Wii Remotes and consoles connect using a Bluetooth connection. This means that your Wii Remotes can be connected to other devices - like computers.
If you want to connect your Wii Remote to your PC - to use it with the Dolphin emulator, for instance - here's what you'll do.
1. Open the Control Panel and select Add a device.
2. When your PC starts searching for devices to connect to, press the SYNC button on the back of your Wii Remote.
3. An option will appear in the list of devices labeled Nintendo RVL and a series of letters and numbers. Click this, and then click Next.
4. You'll be asked for a passcode. Just click Next without entering one.
Your Wii Remote is now connected to your PC.
Troubleshooting your Wii Remote connection
If your Wii Remote won't sync correctly - or if it syncs, but the cursor doesn't appear on-screen - there are a few possible solutions.
- Close any game or app that's running on your console before syncing. You'll want to be on the home screen.
- Check the Wii Remote's batteries. If the lights don't flash when you press a button, it's time to change them. The Wii Remote takes two AA batteries.
- Reset your Wii or Wii U by removing the power cable from the console and waiting around 20 seconds, then plugging it back in. Once plugged back in, try pairing again.
- If the Remote syncs but there's no cursor on screen, make sure that the sensor bar is plugged in, unobstructed, and has been properly placed above or below your screen. You can go into the Wii or Wii U's settings to see where it should be placed.
- Razorpay forays into loyalty and rewards segment with PoshVine acquisition
- Don't equate fun with money: Sundar Pichai to employees
- Best Intel-powered laptops for school students
- Festive season is here! Explore the best Intel Laptops for Education
- Reliance is reportedly planning to launch JioPhone 5G in India at a very affordable price