How to transfer contacts from an Android phone to another Android
- There are two ways to transfer
contactsfrom an Androidphone to another Android.
- You can sync your Android contacts to a
- You can also transfer your contacts into a vCard file, and then move the file onto your other Android.
If you're changing phones, you don't need to leave your contacts behind. It's incredibly easy to transfer your contacts from one phone to another - especially if they're both Android devices.
Here are two ways to move your contacts from one Android to another.
How to transfer contacts from one Android to another Android
Using your Google account
The easiest way to transfer contacts is to use your Google account.
1. On your old Android, open the Settings app and tap Accounts.
2. Select the Google account that you intend to use on the new Android.
3. Tap Account sync or Sync account.
4. On the page that opens, make sure that Contacts is enabled. This will make sure that all of your phone's contacts are saved to the Google account.
Now when you log into that Google account on your new Android phone, all of your contacts will transfer over.
Using a vCard
vCards - also known as .VCF files - are packets of data that are specially made to carry contact information. Nearly every phone can read them, which makes them perfect for moving your contacts.
1. On your old Android, open the Contacts app.
2. Tap the three dots in the top-right and tap Select all.
3. Tap the sharing icon, which looks like three dots with lines connecting them. Your contacts will be compiled into a single .VCF file.
4. Choose where you want to send the .VCF file. You can choose any option you like as long as you can access the file later on your new Android, but we recommend sending it in an email to yourself.
5. On your new Android, download the .VCF file.
6. In your new Android's files app - it might be called Files, Files by Google, or something similar - find and open the .VCF file.
7. You'll be asked if you want to import the contacts. Tap Yes or OK.
Your contacts will be loaded onto the new phone.How to transfer your contacts from an iPhone to an Android in 3 waysHow to use FaceTime on Android devices, plus FaceTime alternatives for AndroidHow to stop your Android phone from listening to you by disabling 3 microphone-related featuresHow to record the screen on an Android phone and edit your screen recording
- Elizabeth Holmes ordered dinners for Theranos staff but made sure they weren't delivered until after 8 p.m. so they worked late: book
- 2,000 years before 'manscaping' and smooth armpits, the Romans were seriously into hair removal, archaeological findings show
- Some people are apparently ditching their iPhones for a foldable Razr model. Yes, the kind that was popular 20 years ago.
- Adani Group repays loans worth $2.65 bn to complete prepayment programme
- Sensex, Nifty50 likely to open in the red amid volatility: Adani group, SBI Cards, Indigo among stocks to watch
- Henkel doubles down on India as hair care market at an inflection point – to evaluate laundry segment later
- IKIO Lighting IPO opens today: 10 things to know before you subscribe
- Best flagship phones in India in 2023