How to turn on Dark Mode on your Windows 10 computer to reduce eye strain and give everything a sleek look
- To turn on
dark modein Windows 10, head to your computer's "Personalization" menu.
- Turning on dark mode in
Windows10 will change the appearance of many programs, and can help reduce eye strain.
- Although Windows 10 has its own dark mode settings, some programs like
MicrosoftWord have their own dark mode switch.
Android and iOS devices offer a dark mode that dims the on-screen color palette. It's commonly thought to look much more aesthetically pleasing, reduce eye strain, and even extend battery life.
Check out the products mentioned in the article:
How to turn on dark mode on Windows1. Click the Start button and then click the Settings icon, which is shaped like a gear. Advertisement
2. Click "Personalization."3. In the pane on the left, click "Colors." There are two dark mode settings you can enable. You can choose either of both of them:
- Under "Choose your default Windows mode," click "Dark." This will turn on dark mode for many basic parts of Windows — in particular, the task bar at the bottom of the desktop and the Start menu.
- Under "Choose your default app mode," click "Dark." This has a much more widespread effect, and will automatically activate dark mode in many apps that have it.
How to turn on dark mode in specific Windows appsIf you turn on both dark modes and find that some specific apps still don't turn dark, those apps might have their own independent dark mode settings. To find out, open the settings for the app in question and see if there's a settings menu you can enable dark mode in.Advertisement
For example, here is how to turn on dark mode in Microsoft Office:
1. In any Microsoft Office app (such as Word, Excel, or Outlook), click "File" and then click "Options."2. In the General tab, go to the section called "Personalize your copy of Microsoft Office."Advertisement
3. Click the drop-down menu for "Office Theme" and choose either "Dark Gray" or "Black." Click "OK" and the dark mode will take effect.
Related coverage from Tech Reference:
- Bombay High Court reserves verdict on pleas against TRAI's new tariff order
- Confiscate Bengaluru rioters' properties like Yogi Adityanath did, suggests Tejasvi Surya
- Best affordable smartwatches in India that work with Android and iOS
- JEE Mains admit card 2020 to be out soon. Here’s how to download it
- Friends Dry Pants aims to destigmatise talking about urine leakage and weak bladders in its campaign