How to turn on Safari's dark mode on any Apple device to save battery life and reduce eye strain
- You can enable
dark modefor Safarion a Mac, iPhone, or iPad, which can help ease eye strain and extend your device's battery life.
- Turn on dark mode for your Mac in System Preferences in the General section.
- For an iPhone or iPad, enable dark mode in the Settings app by going to the Display & Brightness section.
In recent years, developers have been making it easier to enable dark mode for all your most common apps. That's good, because many people prefer dark mode because the palette is often easier on the eyes — especially at night — and it can even help extend your device's battery life by not illuminating the screen as brightly. Here's how you can turn on dark mode for the Safari browser on your Mac, iPhone, or iPad.
How to turn on Safari dark mode on a Mac
Safari automatically uses dark mode if you enable it in your Mac's System Preferences.
1. Click the Apple menu and then choose System Preferences…
2. Click General.
3. In the Appearance section, click Dark or Auto.
If you choose Dark, Safari and all other compatible apps will switch to a dark color palette right away and stay that way until you change this setting. Auto, on the other hand, sets the palette to dark at night and switches it to light during the day.
How to turn on Safari dark mode on an iPhone or iPad
Just like on the Mac, Safari on your iOS device uses dark mode if you enable the feature in your iPhone or iPad's settings.
1. Start the Settings app.
2. Tap Display & Brightness.
3. In the Appearance section, tap Dark.
If you want Safari (and the rest of your device) to use dark mode automatically at night but switch to a light palette during the day, turn on Automatic by swiping the button to the right.
- A Google employee of 11 years says he and his wife stared at each other in 'disbelief' when they realized they'd both been laid off by the company
- A Google engineer of 8 years says his 'spidey-senses' detected incoming layoffs — and felt 'isolated' when his 'faceless' severance email arrived
- 6 signs that you're in a one-sided relationship and how to find balance
- Rajinikanth issues public notice on infringement of rights, warns legal action
- Govt likely to float global tender for HPV vaccine in April; Merck, Serum Institute may participate
- Finance Ministry to stick to privatisation of already announced CPSEs next fiscal
- 70-plus Indian startups show exit door to 21K techies, more pink slips coming
- Steps taken in subsidence-hit Joshimath inadequate, declare Himalayas eco-sensitive zone, say experts