How to unmute posts or stories on Instagram
- If you've muted someone on
- If you know the user you've muted, you can unmute them via their profile.
- You can also find muted stories via the Stories feed on your Instagram home page.
There are many reasons to mute someone's posts or stories on Instagram. But those reasons don't always mean you want to keep them muted forever. If you change your mind, you can unmute their posts or stories.
While you won't be able to unmute posts on a computer, you can with your mobile device. Here's how you can unmute posts on Instagram on your iPhone or Android.
How to unmute someone on Instagram
If you've previously muted someone's Instagram posts, you have the option to unmute them:
1. Go to the Instagram profile of the person or account you want to unmute.
2. Tap Following, located toward the left side of the screen.
3. Select the Mute section.
4. Toggle off the mute option next to Posts, Stories or both.
How to unmute someone's Instagram story
If you've muted a specific Instagram story, but want to unmute it, you can do so — even if you forgot the account you muted:
1. Open Instagram and log in, if needed.
2. Scroll through your story feed, located at the top of the screen, until you find a greyed out icon — that's a story you've muted.
3. Tap and hold the greyed out profile picture.
4. Tap Unmute.
- India's foreign exchange reserves fall to $573 bn
- India's retail inflation dropped below 7% in July for the first time in four months
- Samsung announces Galaxy Watch5 Series with sleep tracking and IR temperature sensor
- India's exports rose to $36 billion in July; trade deficit almost triples
- Rupee, bond yield ends almost flat ahead of the long weekend