How to use AirPlay to stream HBO Max on your TV from an iPhone or iPad
- You can use
AirPlayto put HBO Maxon your TV, but you'll need to have an Apple TVor AirPlay functionality built into your TV.
- Ensure your Apple TV or smart TV has AirPlay turned on, and that your
iPhoneor iPad with HBO Max is connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
Unfortunately, HBO Max isn't available on every streaming device yet. Roku users in particular are feeling left out, considering they have access to nearly every other streaming app on the market.
But if you have an Apple TV or a smart TV with AirPlay built into it, you can stream HBO Max from your iPhone or iPad to your television.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
How to use AirPlay to stream HBO Max to your TV from an iPhone or iPad
Before anything, make sure that your iPhone or iPad is connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your Apple TV or or smart TV. Also make sure that AirPlay is turned on in the Settings menu on your Apple TV or smart TV.
1. On your iPhone or iPad, start HBO Max and start playing the TV show or movie you want to watch on the TV.
2. Tap the screen so the app's controls appear.
3. Tap the AirPlay icon at the top of the screen, immediately to the left of the volume slider. It looks like a square with an arrow pointing into it.
4. In the AirPlay pop-up, choose the Apple TV or AirPlay device you want to send the video to.
If your TV is on, the video should appear within moments.
Related coverage from Tech Reference:
- RBI bars JM Financial Products from financing against shares, debentures
- UP govt approves proposal for formation of Uttar Pradesh State Capital Region on lines of NCR
- Popular Vehicles and Services to float IPO on March 12
- Nothing Phone (2a) smartphone debuts in India, priced starting at ₹23,999
- New variant of H5N1 bird flu spreads to marine mammals, heightening concerns for human transmission