How to use FaceTime on your Android or Windows PC
- You can join a
FaceTimecall on an Android or PC by clicking a link sent to you by someone with an Appledevice.
- The person with the Apple device needs to be running at least
iOS 15, iPadOS 15, or macOS 12 Monterey.
- Once you get the FaceTime link, you'll open it in your Android or PC's web browser.
FaceTime is a reliable way to video chat between
Unfortunately, there's no way for Android users to download the FaceTime app or start their own FaceTime calls. But with the release of iOS 15, iPadOS 15, and macOS 12 Monterey, anyone can join a FaceTime call — even from an Android phone.
Here's how to send a FaceTime invite from an Apple device, and then how to join that FaceTime call on your Android phone or Windows PC.
How to join a FaceTime call on an Android or PC
Android and Windows users still can't start FaceTime calls. But as long as you have Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge, you can join calls that others make.
Quick tip: Google Chrome comes pre-installed on most Android phones, and Microsoft Edge comes pre-installed on all Windows PCs.
First, someone with an Apple device needs to start the FaceTime call. To do this, they'll need:
- An iPhone running at least iOS 15
- An iPad running at least iPadOS 15
- A Mac running at least macOS Monterey
1. Have the Apple user open the FaceTime app on their device and select Create Link at the top of the app.
2. In the pop-up, the Apple user then needs to select how they'd like to share the link — via Messages, Mail, Snapchat, AirDrop, or another app. It doesn't matter which method you use, the Android or PC user just needs to have the link.
3. Once the Android or Windows user receives the link to facetime.apple.com, they need to open it in Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge.
4. Have the Android or Windows user enter their name and hit Continue.
5. Once joined, have the Android or Windows user hit the green Join button in the floating pop-up. They might also need to give FaceTime permission to use their microphone and camera.
6. The Apple user will then need to accept their request to join.
7. Once both parties have entered the call, they'll both see the same options to mute themselves, show or hide their camera, leave the call, and more.
- Richest entrepreneurs under 40 named in the IIFL Wealth Hurun list became more richer by 12% in last one year
- Time taken to deliver items & returns are the key pain points for e-comm consumers
- DGCI allows Serum Institute to export malaria vaccine to UK
- Upcoming cars launching in India in October 2022
- Gurgaon-based Indifi disbursed ₹2,800 crore worth of loans to small business owners