How to use Skype's Meet Now feature to start or join video calls from a computer or mobile device
- You can use Skype's Meet Now feature to start instant meetings, in which participants don't need to have
- You can start a Meet Now by selecting the Meet Now button in the desktop or mobile app, and sharing the link with other attendees.
- When you get an invite to Meet Now, you can join in the Chrome or Edge browsers, or via the Skype app if you have it installed.
Meet Now is a relatively new Skype feature that lets you conduct meetings quickly and easily with other Skype users as well as people who have no Skype account.
It's Microsoft's alternative to web conferencing tools like Zoom which have recently become popular to accommodate the increased need for remote meetings.
How to start a Skype Meet Now
You can kick off Meet Now from your Skype app either on your desktop or from your mobile app.
- On your desktop computer, start the Skype desktop app and click "Meet Now" on the left side of the screen. Click "Share invite." In the dropdown menu, you can copy the link to send to other people outside the Skype app, or use the options in the menu to share the link via email. When you're ready, click "Start call."
- On a mobile device, start the Skype app and tap the New Chat icon (it looks like a pencil). On the iPhone or iPad app, you'll find it at the top right; on Android, it's at the bottom right. Tap "Meet Now." Share the meeting invite with other participants and then tap "Start Meeting."
Once the meeting has begun, you can conduct the meeting like any ordinary Skype session.
How to join a Skype Meet Now
To join a Meet Now, you need the meeting code or link, which the meeting organizer needs to share with you via email or text message. To join the meeting, you don't need to have the app installed or even have a Skype account.
To join the meeting, you need one of these three things installed on your computer or mobile device:
- The Skype app
- Google Chrome browser
To join the meeting, tap or click the link. Then choose to start the app or open the meeting in a browser. That's it – you're now in the meeting. If you join without enabling the microphone, you'll be able to listen in, and can send chat messages if you need to share information.
Related coverage from Tech Reference:
- A brief history of India’s retrospective tax law that would finally be upturned for good
- Best headphones for office meetings in India
- Best noise cancelling truly wireless earbuds in India
- Indian government brings in a bill to bury the infamous retrospective tax that haunted Cairn and Vodafone for nearly a decade
- Amazon Great Freedom Festival Sale 2021: Best deals on refrigerators