How to use the Google Docs résumé template to create and edit a professional document for job applications
Google Docsoffers five résumé templates, making it simple to personalize a résumé while using a standard, professional layout.
- To get started, open Google Docs and click Template gallery, then click the template you want to use as the basis for your résumé.
- You can choose a template and create a résumé using the Google Docs mobile app as well.
There are a lot of resources at your disposal when you need to create a résumé. You can use the templates that accompany Microsoft Word, for example, or try one of the many free or paid résumé builders online.
If you frequently use Google Docs, though, the simplest solution might simply be to make your résumé there. Google includes five résumé templates in Google Docs - here's how to use them.
There are five résumé templates in Google Docs offering a broad variety of résumé styles. Here is how to choose a résumé template and make a résumé in Google Docs.
How to use the Google Docs résumé template on a computer
1. Open Google Docs in a web browser and make sure you are logged into your Google account.
2. On the Google Docs home page, click Template gallery in the top-right corner, to the right of Start a new document.
3. Browse for the row marked Resumes. Here you'll find five résumé formats. You can see what each one likes in thumbnail form. To get a closer look at the résumé (or just start working), click the résumé.
Quick tip: If you don't see any templates or the Temples gallery link on the Google Docs homepage, it is hidden. To show it, click the three-line menu at the top left, choose Settings, and click the checkbox to select Display recent templates on home screens.
When you select a résumé template, Google Docs makes a copy of the template and opens it as a new document titled
How to use the Google Docs résumé template on a mobile device
It's a lot more convenient to create a résumé on a computer - the screen is bigger and it's easier to enter a lot of text. But if you want or need to work on a mobile device, Google makes that easy to do.
1. Start the Google Docs app on your phone or tablet.
2. Tap the New Document button (it looks like a plus sign).
3. In the pop-up, tap Choose template.
4. Browse for the row marked Resumes. Here you'll find the same five résumé formats that are available in a browser on the computer. When you find the one you want, tap it.
Google Docs makes a copy of the résumé template and opens it as a new document titled Resume. You can now start editing and personalizing it.How to create a Google doc on your computer or mobile deviceHow to share a Google Doc to collaborate and edit documents with othersHow to make and edit a table of contents in Google Docs to easily navigate to sections of a documentHow to reverse image search on Google to find information related to a specific photo
- The Cybertruck's lack of door handles confused its first buyers — leading Elon Musk to show them how to open the truck
- Adani Group to invest USD 75 bn to scale up AGEL's RE portfolio to 45 GW: Gautam Adani
- OnlyFans star Riley Reid plans to 'immortalize' herself using AI. Here's how her team built her new chatbot.
- Electric eels can change the genetic composition of other organisms by shocking them!
- Exploring vibrant flavors: 10 healthy salad options in India
- 10 dry fruits to include in your daily winter diet
- Paytm to focus on big ticket loans to low-risk credit-worthy customers
- 10 Cities in India perfect for a chill and relaxed life