How to watch Netflix on your Xbox One console in 6 simple steps
- You can watch
Netflixon an Xbox Oneby downloading the Netflix appfrom the Microsoft Store.
- The Netflix app on
XboxOne is free to download, but you'll need to have a paid Netflix subscription.
To many users' delight, the Netflix app is available on a wide variety of devices, including the Xbox One.
Here's a guide to getting Netflix on your Xbox One, so you can spend less time struggling with technology and more time deciding what to watch.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
Netflix monthly subscription (From $8.99 at Netflix)
Xbox One S (from $389.95 at Amazon)
How to watch Netflix on Xbox One
1. Boot up your Xbox One and log into your Xbox Live profile. Once the home screen has loaded, move the left stick down to view the Microsoft Store. Press the A button to open the Store.
2. After the Store opens, navigate to the "Search" field and press the A button.
3. Using the Xbox One controller and the on-screen keyboard, type "Netflix" into the search bar. The Netflix app should appear in the search results. Highlight the Netflix app with your cursor and press A.
4. Move your cursor to the "Install" button and press A — don't worry, it's free to download. Once Netflix has downloaded, the Install button will change to say "Launch." Highlight the Launch button with your cursor and press A to open Netflix.
5. Follow the on-screen prompts to complete setup. This will require you to connect your Netflix account, likely using a browser.
6. The next time you want to watch Netflix, you can do so through the "My games & apps" menu. From the Xbox One's home screen, use the left stick to select "My games & apps" and press the A button. Then, use the left stick to highlight "Apps" in the left-side menu.
With the Apps menu open, move the left stick toward the right and navigate to the Netflix app. Finally, press A to open Netflix and navigate the streaming service's selection.
Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm in the middle of "Avatar: The Last Airbender" and really need to get back to it. Happy streaming!
Related coverage from Tech Reference:
How to watch 4K shows and movies on Netflix with a compatible device
Netflix tips and tricks: 12 ways to get the most out of your Netflix subscription
The amount of time your Netflix downloads last varies by title and license — here's what you need to know about downloading Netflix shows and movies
How to reset your Netflix account on a connected computer or mobile device
How to delete your 'Continue Watching' section on Netflix by hiding your activity
- India may require 31,000 pilots in next 20 years: Boeing
- Unlike global economy, India would not slow down: RBI article
- Tier-1 cities’ home sales is 2x of what it’s in tier-2 cities: PropEquity
- Thomas Cook India, SOTC launch Green Carpet to help companies manage carbon emissions of biz travel
- Moody's downgrades outlook for UBS to negative, after Credit Suisse take over