iOS 15.4 lets you unlock your iPhone's Face ID even when wearing a mask — here's how to set it up
iOS 15.4, you can now unlock your iPhone's Face IDeven while wearing a mask.
- To set up Face ID with your mask, head to the Settings app and tap "Face ID & Passcode."
- You'll need to have an iPhone 12 or iPhone 13 model to enable the new Face ID options.
Face ID is designed to let you unlock your iPhone quickly and without any fuss. But if you've ever tried to unlock your iPhone while wearing a face mask, you know that there's always a bit of fuss involved.
Luckily the new iPhone software update,
Here's how to set up Face ID so it recognizes you with your mask.
How to set up Face ID with a mask
First, make sure that you've updated your iPhone to iOS 15.4. This is the update that includes new Face ID features.
When you turn on your phone after installing the update, it might offer you the chance to set up your new Face ID right away. But if it doesn't:
1. Open your iPhone's Settings app and tap the Face ID & Passcode option. You'll have to enter your passcode too.
2. Toggle on the Use Face ID With a Mask switch, then tap Use Face ID With a Mask.
3. Scan your face with the iPhone, just like you did when you first set up Face ID. You don't need to be wearing a mask while you do this, since it's mostly scanning your eyes.
If you also wear glasses, head back to the Face ID & Passcode page and tap Add Glasses. This will save what your glasses look like too, so you can unlock your iPhone while wearing both them and a mask. You'll have to scan every pair of glasses that you plan on wearing beforehand, or Face ID won't recognize them.
Quick tip: If you don't have an iPhone 12 or iPhone 13, you're not totally out of luck. Using an Apple Watch, you can unlock your iPhone no matter what's on your face. Check out our guide on how to unlock your iPhone with an Apple Watch for more details.
- Electricity prices in Finland flipped negative — a huge oversupply of clean, hydroelectric power meant suppliers were almost giving it away
- Family stands to lose nearly $6,000 in airfare and hotel costs after they were bumped from an overbooked cruise ship
- Flyers are 'skiplagging' to try and save money on flight tickets. Airlines hate it.
- List of Famous things to buy in Srinagar
- What you need to know when you exercise your stock option plan
- BGMI release date announced: Available to Android users for download starting today
- Gangubai Kathiawadi tops technical awards at 23rd IIFA's music-loaded opening
- About 27K employees lost jobs at Indian startups to date, over 8K this year