What version of iOS do I have? How to find which version your iPhone is running and check if there's an update available
- You can find the current version of
iOSon your iPhonein the "General" section of your phone's Settings app.
- Tap "
Software Update" to see your current iOS version and to check if there are any new system updates waiting to be installed.
- You can also find the iOS version on the "About" page in the "General" section. It has additional info like your device's serial number.
You may need to know if your device is running the latest iteration of the OS or if it's compatible with a particular app or accessory.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
How to find which version of iOS is installed on your iPhone
1. On your iPhone, start the Settings app and then tap "General."
2. Tap "Software Update."
3. Here you can see your current iOS version, and check if there is an update available and ready to install. If an update is available, you'll see it here and can tap to start the update.
Another way to see your iOS version is to start the Settings app, then tap "General" and "About."
The "About" page lists all kinds of information about your device, including the software version, serial number, and details about how much storage space is free. You can't see if there's a software update available from this screen, though, which is why this page may not be as handy as the "Software Update" page.
Related coverage from Tech Reference:
- EAM Jaishankar meets Australian Intelligence chief Andrew Shearer on sidelines of Raisina Dialogue
- Sustainable Tourism Practices
- Byju's shareholders vote to remove CEO, family; company calls vote invalid
- Engaging with competent authorities, use only genuine cheese, says McDonald's
- Apple's India revenue up 42% to $8.7 bn in 2023: Morgan Stanley