Apple iPad mini 2021: Price, release date in India and all the new features
- iPad mini was launched at Apple’s keynote event on September 14.
- iPad mini brings in plenty of new updates from its predecessors.
- You get a larger screen, faster processor, better camera and much more.
AdvertisementApple launched a new iPad mini alongside its iPhone 13 series, iPad 9th gen and the Watch Series 7. The new iPad mini comes with fresh changes to its design, processor, camera and more. In this article, we dive into what’s on offer in the new iPad mini over the last-gen model.
Larger display with narrower bezels
The iPad mini comes with a larger 8.3-inch Liquid Retina display, an expansion from its predecessor iPad mini 5’s 7.9-inch display. It is now said to offer an edge-to-edge screen with narrower bezels and rounded corners. It features a low reflective screen and True Tone that claims to make text sharp and colours vivid. The Touch ID that scans your fingerprint to unlock the device has now been integrated into the top button.
Faster A15 Bionic chipset
The newly launched iPad mini is equipped with the same A15 Bionic processor that also powers the iPhone 13 series. As per Apple, the new processor boosts the performance by 40% and it should definitely be faster than the new iPad 9th gen, which features the A13 Bionic chipset.
In terms of graphics, it features a 5-core GPU that is claimed to offer up to 80% faster graphics processing. It should allow you to play graphic-intensive games and work on editing software without any hassle.
5G connectivity and USB Type-C
A big addition to the iPad mini is the futuristic 5G connectivity that should offer faster internet speeds when the technology is rolled out by cellular networks.
Another welcome change in terms of connectivity is the USB Type-C port. This adds versatility in terms of compatibility with more devices and also enhances the transfer speeds.
Better front camera sensor with ‘Centre Stage’ feature
AdvertisementThe front camera also sees an upgrade from 1.2MP in the previous iPad mini to a new 12MP sensor in the newly launched device. iPad mini’s front camera gets the Centre Stage feature which was available on the iPad Pro. With its 122-degree field of view, the camera automatically pans and will keep you in the centre even when you move during a video call.
At the rear, it features a 12MP lens that offers Smart HDR 3, for capturing even higher-quality images. To record videos, it can now capture videos in 4K resolution with the back camera.
Supports 2nd gen Apple Pencil
This newly launched iPad mini will support the second-generation Apple Pencil that magnetically attaches to the device. Using the Apple pencil, you can write, draw and mark up easily.
Pricing and availability
AdvertisementIn India, iPad mini with 64GB storage starts at ₹46,900 for the Wi-Fi variant and the cellular variant will retail at a starting price of ₹60,900. The 256GB storage variants have a starting price of ₹60,900 for Wi-Fi support and ₹74,900 for Wi-Fi+Cellular support.
The pre-orders have started from September 14 and the devices will be available for sale from September 24 onwards.
iPhone 13 vs iPhone 12: What’s different
Apple unveiled its new $399 Watch Series 7 that lets you text from a keyboard on your wrist and can detect if you fall off your bike
Popular on BI
- A SpaceX flight attendant said Elon Musk exposed himself and propositioned her for sex, documents show. The company paid $250,000 for her silence.
- New York officials ban airports from charging up to $28 for a beer — a price tag they described as 'totally indefensible'
- How to use the realistic crying face filter on Snapchat
- Equity indices recover previous losses led by gains in Nifty realty, media, and metal rising
- The rise in commodity prices is affecting common man pockets by at least 10%: Survey
- Canada to ban China’s Huawei Technologies from 5G networks
- Zilingo fires CEO Ankiti Bose over financial irregularities
- Best offline games for iPhone 2022