Galaxy Z Fold 4 might be Samsung's most expensive foldable phone — here’s everything you need to know
- Samsung could go all-out with its next foldable flagship, the
Galaxy Z Fold 4.
- The Galaxy Z Fold 4 is expected to come with 1TB internal storage and Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 chipset.
- The Galaxy Z Fold 4 is expected to make its debut in August.
AdvertisementSamsung's Galaxy Z Fold 4 is one of the most anticipated top-tier foldable phones of 2022. The Z Fold 4 is expected to make its debut alongside the Z Flip 4 in August.
This time, Samsung is expected to bring some meaningful improvements to its foldable devices and enhanced internal storage is one of them. According to the latest rumour, Z Fold 4 may have 1TB of internal storage.
The storage amount is critical for Samsung’s foldable phone as Fold 3 was lacking a microSD card slot and its successor Fold 4 may join that club with 1TB of internal storage – double than what the Fold 3 offered.
Foldable phones demand a little more storage as they have a large display making them ideal for streaming movies, managing office presentations and much more.
Storage doesn't come cheap, you can expect that 1TB Z Fold 4 may be the most expensive foldable variant yet. Last year, 512GB Z Fold 3 was priced at $1,900, and we could see the Z Fold 4 cross the $2,000 mark this year, both due to rising prices of raw materials as well as the increased storage space.
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 rumoured specifications
Reportedly, the Galaxy Z Fold 4 will be Samsung’s first phone with the new UFS 4.0 storage technology that promises faster read and write speeds when compared to UFS 3.0.
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 is said to have a 6.2-inch front display and a 7.6-inch internal display. Reports also suggest that it could be powered by the Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 chipset along with a 4400mAh battery with 25W fast charging and reverse wireless charging capabilities.
Coming to camera specifications, Fold 4 may get a 108MP main camera 12MP ultra-wide-angle and a 12MP telephoto camera with 3X zoom.
Reports also suggest that Samsung is making Fold 4 slimmer and lighter with an all-new ‘ single hinge’ mechanism.
Asus 8z review – the ‘mini’ flagship phone that the Android world needs
Apple CEO says remote work is the 'mother of all experiments' — and the eventual solution may not look anything like what we have now
Popular on BI
- A 29-year-old woman found a mark on her head and was diagnosed with a fungal infection. It turned out to be invasive skin cancer.
- JPMorgan CEO Jamie Dimon told wealthy clients there's a chance the US is heading into 'something worse' than a recession, report says
- Why Google employees fear the worst as the company quietly extends its hiring freeze
- Galaxy Digital terminates $1.2 billion acquisition of crypto firm BitGo
- Markets poised for positive momentum in August as domestic and global inflation eases
- Here’s a list of stocks that can benefit from the festive season
- Nepotism and termite-like corruption dented India : Modi
- Modi lists five pledges to turn India into a developed country in 25 years