JioPhone Next to launch this Diwali – specs, features and everything we know so far
JioPhone Nextis set to be launched by Diwali, November 4.
- The device is aimed at first-time smartphone buyers shifting from 2G to 4G.
- Here’s everything we know so far about the affordable smartphone from Mukesh Ambani-led Reliance Jio.
Jio is betting on the JioPhone Next to fuel its next wave of subscriber addition and is targeting the device at first-time smartphone buyers looking to shift from 2G to 4G. Ahead of the launch, the company has released a video highlighting some of the features of the device.
JioPhone Next expected launch date
The JioPhone Next is expected to launch soon and will be available by Diwali, November 4.
JioPhone Next features
The JioPhone Next has been developed by Reliance Jio in collaboration with Google. The phone will run on PragatiOS and will come preloaded with apps from Jio and Google.
While Jio has not mentioned how many updates the device will receive, the company has said that the device will get automatic software updates and security updates.
The JioPhone Next will come with a voice assistant, allowing first-time users to easily operate the device. It will also come with a ‘read aloud’ function that will offer content to users in their selected language.
JioPhone Next expected specifications
The JioPhone Next is expected to sport a 5.5-inch HD+ display with thick bezels at the top and bottom. It is expected to be powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 215 chipset coupled with Adreno 306 GPU. The smartphone is expected to be available in 2GB and 3GB RAM variants with up to 32GB of internal storage.
The video from Jio has revealed that the device will come with a 13MP primary camera with flash. On the front, the device is expected to feature an 8MP selfie camera. Jio has said that the camera app will come with custom Indian augmented reality (AR) filters.
It is expected to be powered by a 2,500mAh battery and will feature a microUSB port.
We should know more about the JioPhone Next in the coming days.
Reliance Jio lost subscribers for the first time in 10 quarters but there's good news for Mukesh Ambani in this too
Reliance Jio cements its lead over Airtel in both total as well as active subscribers
Reliance confirms JioPhone Next will be launched in time for Diwali
Popular on BI
- From marketing and tech to leadership - learn new skills and explore new possibilities with these Udemy courses
- Facebook and Microsoft aren’t the only ones creating a metaverse — here are five popular coins looking to create digital worlds
- Facebook, Microsoft and others look towards the $1 trillion dollar ‘metaverse’ opportunity — but that contradicts the base philosophy behind Web 3.0
- Top 10 most wicket-takers for India in the history of Test Cricket
- Motorola launches 'Moto G31' smartphone with OLED display, starting at ₹12,999
- Ather Energy to set up second manufacturing plant, targets 400k electric scooters annually
- LIC to raise stake in Kotak Mahindra Bank to nearly 10%
- Star Health IPO is asking for five times the price that Rakesh Jhunjhunwala paid in 2018