JioPhone Next to launch this Diwali – specs, features and everything we know so far
JioPhone Nextis set to be launched by Diwali, November 4.
- The device is aimed at first-time smartphone buyers shifting from 2G to 4G.
- Here’s everything we know so far about the affordable smartphone from Mukesh Ambani-led Reliance Jio.
AdvertisementMukesh Ambani-led Reliance Jio is all set to announce its much anticipated affordable smartphone, the JioPhone Next in time for Diwali (November 4). The company had confirmed the launch on October 22.
Jio is betting on the JioPhone Next to fuel its next wave of subscriber addition and is targeting the device at first-time smartphone buyers looking to shift from 2G to 4G. Ahead of the launch, the company has released a video highlighting some of the features of the device.
JioPhone Next expected launch date
The JioPhone Next is expected to launch soon and will be available by Diwali, November 4.
JioPhone Next features
The JioPhone Next has been developed by Reliance Jio in collaboration with Google. The phone will run on PragatiOS and will come preloaded with apps from Jio and Google.
While Jio has not mentioned how many updates the device will receive, the company has said that the device will get automatic software updates and security updates.
The JioPhone Next will come with a voice assistant, allowing first-time users to easily operate the device. It will also come with a ‘read aloud’ function that will offer content to users in their selected language.
JioPhone Next expected specifications
The JioPhone Next is expected to sport a 5.5-inch HD+ display with thick bezels at the top and bottom. It is expected to be powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 215 chipset coupled with Adreno 306 GPU. The smartphone is expected to be available in 2GB and 3GB RAM variants with up to 32GB of internal storage.
The video from Jio has revealed that the device will come with a 13MP primary camera with flash. On the front, the device is expected to feature an 8MP selfie camera. Jio has said that the camera app will come with custom Indian augmented reality (AR) filters.
It is expected to be powered by a 2,500mAh battery and will feature a microUSB port.
We should know more about the JioPhone Next in the coming days.
Reliance Jio lost subscribers for the first time in 10 quarters but there's good news for Mukesh Ambani in this too
Reliance Jio cements its lead over Airtel in both total as well as active subscribers
Reliance confirms JioPhone Next will be launched in time for Diwali
Popular on BI
- Instagram's crisis highlights the bigger issues the entire ad industry is facing
- The 10-year Treasury yield will drop to 3.5% by the end of next year as the massive bond rally will continue, UBS says
- Exit polls predict BJP advantage in MP, Rajasthan, Congress win in Chhattisgarh, Telangana and tight contest in Mizoram
- International air travel penetration remains low in India: CAPA
- "Meeting friends is always a delight": PM Modi reacts to 'Melodi' selfie shared by Italian counterpart Georgia Meloni
- WhatsApp testing new feature that lets you search users by their username
- Delhi airport: Flights diverted due to bad smog, bad weather
- Meta expanding child safety measures as scrutiny mounts