LG Wing gets a ₹40,000 price cut a week after the company shuts its smartphone business
LG Wingis now selling for ₹29,999 on Flipkart after a whopping price cut of around ₹40K.
- The smartphone features a never-seen-before swivel design that can turn heads.
- You can also exchange your old smartphone to get an additional discount.
The company is selling its latest smartphone LG Wing featuring a unique swivel design at less than half of its cost. The smartphone will be available for ₹29,999 on Flipkart, which is around ₹40K less than its launch price of ₹69,990.
Do note that this could be a temporary price cut as it's valid during Flipkart’s Flagship Fest Sale, and the price might go back to normal. The sale starts on April 12 and lasts till April 15. Customers can also get an additional exchange discount of up to ₹16,500, lowering the total cost even more.
Should you buy the LG Wing at ₹29,999?
Before we answer that question, note that the LG Wing is an engineering marvel and a one-of-a-kind smartphone that will not be produced anymore. That itself makes it a perfect collector's piece for those who appreciate it.
As for the value proposition, the smartphone runs on a 7nm Snapdragon 765G 5G chip paired with 8GB RAM. The core configuration is the same as the OnePlus Nord, which is considered one of the best options in this price segment although it doesn't have a high refresh rate display. So, you get the standard hardware for the price with a futuristic design that can start conversations.
The two downsides could be the software and after-sale support. For software woes,
LG Electronics exits the smartphone business – here’s how its mobile fortunes swayed over the last two decades
LG posts robust home appliance sales, mobile biz in deep red
- This is the time for brands to play their part as responsible corporate citizens: Dheeraj Sinha, Leo Burnett
- Fauci, America's top medical advisor, calls on countries to help India make vaccines
- Karnataka witnesses chaos on the first day of its two-week lockdown
- KR Gowri, political leader and member of Kerala's first ministry, passes away
- InterGlobe Aviation, JSW Energy, PNB and other stocks to watch out for on May 11