Motorcycle engine vibrations can 'degrade' iPhone camera performance
According to MacRumors, the OIS and closed-loop AF systems in iPhone are designed for durability.
However, as is the case with many consumer electronics that include systems like OIS, long-term direct exposure to high-amplitude vibrations within certain frequency ranges may degrade the performance of these systems and lead to reduced image quality for photos and videos.
Complimentary Tech Event
Transform talent with learning that works
Capability development is critical for businesses who want to push the envelope of innovation.Discover how business leaders are strategizing around building talent capabilities and empowering employee transformation.Know More
It is recommended to avoid exposing your iPhone to extended high-amplitude vibrations, the report said.
Due to this risk, Apple recommends that users not attach their iPhones directly to the chassis or handlebars of such motorcycles, as the direct transmission of vibrations can be intense.
Apple even recommends that users mounting their devices to lower-powered devices like mopeds and electric scooters at least use a vibration-dampening mount to minimise the chances of any damage.
Instagram 'Favourites' will allow users to prioritise accounts in their feed
Delhi airport gets waterlogged after heavy rains
Popular on BI
- Air India passengers stranded in Siberia for 2 days were abandoned by the crew, had to sleep on the floor, and were only given bread and rice, relative says
- Foreign investors have been dumping vast amounts of Chinese assets, and putting money there will only get riskier
- Trump acted like 'the Godfather if it was reenacted by a 5-year-old' to try to keep his hands clean in Mar-a-Lago case: experts
- List of famous things to buy in Munnar
- Ads that sailed into the eye of a controversy
- India tops world ranking in digital payments, records 89.5 million transactions in 2022: MyGovIndia
- Will regulate AI and ensure it doesn't harm digital citizens: Rajeev Chandrasekhar
- Road accident death rate has dropped in Kerala after AI cameras became operational: Transport Minister