New Android 13 feature to cut background noise during calls
The "clear calling" feature works on most mobile networks but is "not available for Wi-Fi calling.
According to a Twitter user Mishaal Rahman who first spotted the feature, "content from your call is not sent to Google" in the new feature.
Tech giant Google last month started rolling out
Google said Android 13 will roll out to Samsung Galaxy, ASUS, HMD (Nokia phones), iQOO, Motorola, OnePlus, OPPO, Realme, Sharp, Sony, Tecno, vivo, Xiaomi and more later this year.
The company is also likely to start rolling out Android 14 Beta for its Pixel devices in April 2023, as the quarterly platform release (QPR1) beta for Android 13 starts this month.
Google originally stated the Android 13 QPR betas would run until June 2023.
The company now says that the "Android 13 Beta has concluded with the stable public release of Android 13 in August 2022", stressing that the QPR1 beta starts next month.
The beta releases are scheduled to "continue through March 2023," and there will likely just be two QPRs: T1B (stable in December) and T2B, reports 9to5Google.
Afterward, Android 14 beta releases start, presumably in April with UPB builds for the Pixel.
AdvertisementAndroid 13 Beta 1 was released a month before annual Google I/O developer conference this year.
Popular on BI
- Here is a list of bank holidays in October 2022
- An Apple executive is leaving the company after being filmed joking about fondling 'big-breasted women' in a viral TikTok video
- RBI hikes repo rate by 50 bps, taking it to a three-year high of 5.9% – Das says inflation at ‘alarmingly high levels’ across jurisdictions
- Best camera phone under ₹15000
- Best 5G mobile phones under ₹20000
- 22 lakh Indian IT professionals likely to leave jobs by 2025: Report
- OnePlus says successfully geared up for 5G launch with 5G-ready smartphone portfolio
- This website generates videos from a single image and text for free – here’s all you need to know