OnePlus sends legal notice to lawyer who alleged Nord 2 explosion — asks him to remove tweets and offer an apology
OnePlushas sent a legal notice to a Delhi-based lawyer claiming his tweets are posted with “malicious and mala fide intent”.
- Gaurav Gulati had claimed that the
OnePlus Nord 2 5Ghad exploded in his gown when he was sitting in his chamber.
- This is the second instance of the
OnePlus Nord 2 explosionin two months.
AdvertisementOnePlus has sent a legal notice to a Delhi-based lawyer, Gaurav Gulati, who claims that the OnePlus Nord 2 phone had allegedly exploded in his gown. The ‘cease and desist’ notice claims that the lawyer has been posting disparaging content with ‘malicious and mala fide intent’ to harm the company’s reputation.
As per the notice, Gaurav Gulati must remove all the tweets and any other information posted by him on social media platforms. He has been asked to cease and desist from making or publishing ‘any such defamatory videos or derogatory statements’ against OnePlus and its products.
Advocate Gaurav Gulati shared the legal notice sent to him in a tweet. The notice was sent by DSK Legal, which is the legal partner of Mobitech Creations — the subsidiary of OnePlus in India. The company confirmed the same to Gadgets360 saying, “We confirm that we have issued a cease-and-desist notice to the concerned individual. We will follow the proper legal procedures to resolve this matter.”
सत्य परेशान हो सकता है लेकिन पराजित नहीं.... @barcouncilindia @OnePlus_IN @OnePlus_SupportSo I have recieved this… https://t.co/iW7isDZk6z— GAURAV GULATI (@Adv_Gulati1) 1631979247000
Offer unconditional apology
Along with removing the tweets, the lawyer has been asked to issue written communication to all media publications where he had previously given statements and clarify that the statements made by him were unverified and unsubstantiated. He has also been asked to offer an unconditional apology for the ‘disparaging content’ along with an undertaking that he will not post or disseminate any information that adversely affects OnePlus.
OnePlus had reached out to Gulati after he posted about the explosion on Twitter. Gulati alleges that the blast took place when he was sitting in his chamber and it was not in use or charging. Gulati had refused to give the phone for investigation claiming to have found the team to be insensitive and that it could tamper with the evidence regarding the explosion.
The lawyer alleged that the explosion happened on September 8 and he suffered burn injuries on his stomach due to the severe heat coming from the phone. Earlier, he said that he will sue the company for the explosion.
#Blast & #Fire in my brand new #oneplusnord25g.@OnePlus_IN Today morning while i was in my office ( Court Chamber)… https://t.co/0dcJsB7YWj— GAURAV GULATI (@Adv_Gulati1) 1631087794000
The second explosion of
This is the second such explosion reported against the OnePlus Nord 2. Last month, the phone allegedly exploded in the sling bag of a woman in Bengaluru. OnePlus had then said that the explosion was caused by an isolated incident involving external factors and not due to any manufacturing defects.
Locally manufactured iPhones dominate the Indian market as Foxconn and Winston increase production
Google could be working on a Galaxy Fold-style foldable smartphone
Everything you need to know about iOS 15: Release date, new features, supported devices
Popular on BI
- IFC to invest Rs 600 cr in Mahindra & Mahindra's new last-mile EV firm
- In Putin and Russia, Xi sees a counterweight to American influence: White House
- Back to Square One: Nifty circles back to levels last seen in September 2021, markets likely to end 2023 in the red
- From RO systems to boiling: Here’s how Indians are dealing with impure drinking water
- RBI directs all banks to keep branches open till March 31 for annual closing