OnePlus teases a foldable phone announcement clashing with Samsung’s Unpacked event
OnePlushas scheduled an announcement at the same time as Samsung’s Unpacked event.
- It has teased a video showing what looks like a foldable phone.
- This seems more like an attempt by OnePlus to steal Samsung’s thunder.
AdvertisementSamsung is hosting its Unpacked event later tonight where it’s expected to launch new foldable phones. We’re expecting at least two foldables - Galaxy Z Fold 3 and Galaxy Z Flip 3. Samsung is also rumoured to launch an affordable Galaxy Z Flip 3 model. That’s quite a lot of foldables from Samsung but we might see something on the same lines from another smartphone brand.
OnePlus has teased an announcement for today with a teaser video showing what looks like a foldable phone. In the teaser video we can see a dual-screened foldable phone which actually looks like the Galaxy Fold phones when unfolded. It also looks very similar to the LG Velvet which is a dual-screened smartphone.
8.11 10am EThttps://t.co/mmPi4jlrhx https://t.co/U6lPdrFnjf— OnePlus➕ (@OnePlus_USA) 1628611070000
OnePlus has also scheduled its announcement for 10 am ET (7:30 pm IST) which is also the same time Samsung’s Unpacked event starts. The timing and concept of this announcement clearly seems like an attempt to poke fun at Samsung’s event.
It also feels like a prank since we haven’t heard anything yet about OnePlus venturing into foldables. OnePlus CEO Pete Lau has also confirmed in the past the company isn’t ready yet to launch a foldable phone. That said, OnePlus should have something good in store for its announcement tonight or the joke would have been in poor taste.
As for Samsung’s Unpacked event, it’s going to be a big one with multiple devices expected. In addition to the Galaxy Z Fold 3 and Galaxy Z Flip 3, Samsung is also expected to launch new Galaxy Watches running Google’s Wear OS 3. Rumours and leaks also suggest a new pair of wireless earbuds, Galaxy Buds 2. There’s also the possibility of a cheaper Galaxy Z Flip 3 launching at the event.
Samsung Unpacked 2021: From foldable smartphones to smartwatches, here’s what to expect and how to watch the livestream
OnePlus Nord 2 review — catching up to the hype
Popular on BI
- How to use the realistic crying face filter on Snapchat
- Elon Musk praised Netflix for telling employees to quit if they couldn't work on content they disagreed with. He previously bashed the platform as having a 'woke mind virus.'
- The Terra LUNA crypto crash has sparked the debate on ‘true’ decentralisation
- Uber announces new features for wedding guests, business events and more
- WhatsApp update: Users will soon be able to exit groups silently
- India's wholesale inflation rises further to 15.08% in April from 14.55% a month ago
- China has released its list of top five sources of online fraud in 2022
- There is a strong case to go long on LIC say analysts and macroeconomic indicators