Samsung dominates 2020 smartphone panel market with 50% share, says report
The affiliate of
The global smartphone display panel market grew 7 per cent on-year to $43 billion in 2020, reports Yonhap news agency.
AdvertisementSamsung Display was followed by China's BOE Technology Group Co. with a 15 per cent share, followed by its South Korean rival LG Display Co. with an 8 per cent share, Strategy Analytics data showed.
"Samsung Display achieved record smartphone panel revenue due to the strong design wins across key devices," said Jeffrey Mathews, a senior analyst at Strategy Analytics. "As OLED demand increases, the vendor will face increased competition from LG Display, BOE Technology, Visionox and
Strategy Analytics predicted display panel procurement by smartphone makers to be steady through 2021, driven by 5G momentum and high-end display technologies, such as flexible OLED. It also expected LCD displays' share to trail behind that of OLED displays in the smartphone panel market.
‘God of Chaos’ asteroid Apophis won’t be crashing into Earth for at least another century
Making vaccines available to Indians may not be enough, it depends on how judiciously we employ them
All Tata Group stocks soar in trade as Ratan Tata prevails in the legal battle with Cyrus Mistry at India's Supreme Court
- ICICI Bank, Tech Mahindra, Nestle India and other hot stocks to track on April 20
- Notified new policy on rare diseases, approved budget of Rs 25 crore for treatment: Centre to HC
- Former PM Manmohan Singh admitted to AIIMS after testing positive for COVID-19
- If you are 18 years or older, you can get a COVID-19 vaccine from May 1
- India is promoting a new internet protocol— the government is offering help for websites to migrate