Samsung dominates 2020 smartphone panel market with 50% share, says report
The affiliate of
The global smartphone display panel market grew 7 per cent on-year to $43 billion in 2020, reports Yonhap news agency.
Samsung Display was followed by China's BOE Technology Group Co. with a 15 per cent share, followed by its South Korean rival LG Display Co. with an 8 per cent share, Strategy Analytics data showed.
"Samsung Display achieved record smartphone panel revenue due to the strong design wins across key devices," said Jeffrey Mathews, a senior analyst at Strategy Analytics. "As OLED demand increases, the vendor will face increased competition from LG Display, BOE Technology, Visionox and
Strategy Analytics predicted display panel procurement by smartphone makers to be steady through 2021, driven by 5G momentum and high-end display technologies, such as flexible OLED. It also expected LCD displays' share to trail behind that of OLED displays in the smartphone panel market.
‘God of Chaos’ asteroid Apophis won’t be crashing into Earth for at least another century
Making vaccines available to Indians may not be enough, it depends on how judiciously we employ them
All Tata Group stocks soar in trade as Ratan Tata prevails in the legal battle with Cyrus Mistry at India's Supreme Court
Popular on BI
- The 10-year Treasury yield will drop to 3.5% by the end of next year as the massive bond rally will continue, UBS says
- Instagram's crisis highlights the bigger issues the entire ad industry is facing
- Exit polls predict BJP advantage in MP, Rajasthan, Congress win in Chhattisgarh, Telangana and tight contest in Mizoram
- GST collection surges to 8-month high in November
- Environmental Impact Assessments
- 10 Simple dietary changes to prevent heart disease
- The sure shot ‘signs’ of a successful entrepreneur
- Over 60 schools in and around Bengaluru receive bomb threat, students evacuated safely