Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra: Name change, model number, specifications and more
- Samsung’s upcoming flagship series, Galaxy S22, is likely to be unveiled on February 8, 2022.
- According to rumours, its premium device, S22 Ultra, will get a name change and will be called S22 Note.
- The phone will have Samsung’s iconic Note-like feature such as the support for S pen.
The change in name was revealed on Twitter by a reliable tipster, Tron. Now, the phone has been spotted on Samsung’s official website in China, although it only carries its model number (SM-S908U) and not the name of the device.
The official listing was spotted by tipster Snoopy, who has claimed that the production of the S22 series was in ‘full swing’ with the company producing and shipping thousands of parts every day.
According to MySmartPrice, the phone was spotted on benchmarking website Geekbench equipped with the Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 chipset which is likely to power the device in India and most international markets. In the other markets, it will feature Samsung’s Exynos 2200 SoC whose benchmark results have been revealed earlier.
The single-core and multi-core scores across Geekbench 4 and Geekbench 5 reveal respectable performance, however, you should note that optimisation of its hardware and software is yet to be done and we will only know about its real performance once the phone is unveiled on its expected launch date of February 8.
According to reports, the device could take the model number SM-S908N at home in South Korea while the SM-908U could be its model number in other international markets.
We will see a large 6.8-inch AMOLED display with a design that borrows some features from Samsung’s Galaxy Note series such as the S pen slot. It will see a major camera upgrade, featuring quad-camera set-up, with 108MP primary sensor.
As for storage and RAM, the S22 Note (S22 Ultra) model is likely to offer 12GB RAM with 128GB or 256GB storage and 16GB with 512GB RAM.
You can check out all the leaked specifications of the upcoming Samsung Galaxy S22 series here.
WhatsApp now lets you turn on disappearing messages for all chats — here’s how to enable it
OnePlus 10 Pro and OnePlus 10 release date, specifications and everything else we know so far
Popular on BI
- I'm a 56-year-old IT worker who got laid off last year and have been unemployed ever since. I have a hunch I'm not finding work due to ageism. How do I prove it?
- Germany relaxes Schengen visa rules for Indians
- Kanye West says he's selling Balenciaga, Adidas, and Gap hoodies for $20 after the companies all cut ties with him
- Revenge spending effect: Household savings dip to 5 -year low
- With no signs yet of inflation cooling, experts predict more rate hikes
- Covid hit mental health of kids, young people harder than thought
- Smog envelops Delhi, AQI remains in 'very poor' category
- Egypt president to be chief guest at Republic Day celebrations