10 things in tech you need to know today
Good morning and welcome to
Let's get started.
1. Tesla is making a giant battery to plug into the Texas power grid. The project would aim to stabilize the area's energy supply, and could store enough energy for 20,000 homes. Here's what we know about the battery.
2. Jack Dorsey is auctioning the very first tweet in history as a non-fungible token. The highest bid on the CEO's tweet is $2.5 million. More on that here.
3. These 26 women are finding tech's next decacorns from Europe. We profiled more than two dozen influential women VCs across the continent, and this is who made the list.
4. Former Chewy CEO Ryan Cohen wants to turn GameStop into the Amazon of gaming. Cohen is part of a new committee that's tasked with accelerating GameStop's transformation.
5. Apple's discontinuing a product once called the "fastest and most powerful Mac ever." The tech giant plans to stop making new iMac Pros after inventory runs out.
6. Mark Cuban said the Dallas Mavericks are the largest Dogecoin merchant in the world. The billionaire announced that his NBA team has completed more than 20,000 transactions in the meme-based cryptocurrency. He also shared his prediction for the token's price.
7. Former employees claim Google told them to take mental health leave after experiencing sexism and racism. Insiders said the company "normalized" going on leave after raising issues with HR. More on that here.
8. Experts say a massive hack targeting Microsoft Exchange Server could be more crippling than SolarWinds. Researchers with the cybersecurity firm Kaspersky have detected a rise in the number of attacks attempting to exploit the Exchange vulnerability, even in the days after Microsoft released the patch.
9. One of the hottest gaming platforms is going public after a blockbuster year. Roblox paid out more than $250 million to its developer community last year. What to know about the long-awaited listing.
10. NFTs are the newest trend in the crypto space - and VCs have taken notice. A look at four NFT startups transforming the way we buy art and sports memorabilia.
Have an Amazon Alexa device? Listen to this update by searching "Business Insider" in your flash briefing settings.
Compiled by Jordan Erb. Tips/ comments? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or tweet @JordanParkerErb.
Sign up for more Insider newsletters here.
- OpenAI CEO Sam Altman is privately reassuring developers using the company's tech that it won't compete with them beyond ChatGPT
- The crowd at the unveiling of Apple's Vision Pro headset let out a collective groan when they found out how wildly expensive it was
- My twin and I were in separate classrooms in school. Our joint math lesson made me realize how silly that was.
- These midcap stocks can be the next multibaggers, according to Goldman Sachs
- Auto and BFSI seen driving India Inc’s earnings growth this financial year
- Indian and Chinese households top the global food wastage list
- Adani-Hindenburg saga timeline: The trouble, the fall and the turnaround
- Buying car insurance online? Here is how to crack a good deal