5 features Apple's latest iPhones have that Samsung's brand-new Galaxy S20 phones are missing
Crystal Cox/Business Insider
- Samsung's Galaxy S20 lineup is loaded with features not found on the iPhone 11 and 11 Pro, like 5G connectivity and an in-screen fingerprint sensor.
- But there are several areas where Apple has Samsung beat as well, particularly when it comes to certain camera features and screen quality.
- The discrepancies also illustrate the different approaches Apple and Samsung take to the smartphone market. While Samsung is focused on offering flashy new cutting-edge features like 5G connectivity and a 108-megapixel camera, Apple's advantages largely lie in its iOS ecosystem.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Samsung's new Galaxy S20 smartphones, which launch on March 6, have plenty of features and capabilities that Apple's iPhones lack. They support 5G connectivity, for example, and have an in-screen fingerprint sensor and higher-resolution cameras among other extras. The most expensive model even has a whopping 108-megapixel camera.But Apple's iPhone 11 lineup, which includes some models that are cheaper than Samsung's, also have a few capabilities not found on the Galaxy S20 family. Some of these features are software-based and involve the iPhone's camera, while others have to do with the display on Apple's smartphones. And certain qualities are centered on Apple's iOS ecosystem and the advantages it leverages over Google's more fragmented Android.
Samsung's recently-announced Galaxy S20 starts at $1,000, while the Galaxy S20 Plus begins at $1,200 and the high-end Galaxy S20 Ultra costs at least $1,400. The iPhone 11, by comparison, starts at $700, while the iPhone 11 Pro begins at $1,000 and the iPhone 11 Pro Max starts at $1,100.Here's a closer look at some of the features available on Apple's iPhone 11 and 11 Pro that you can't get on Samsung's Galaxy S20 devices.
A display that can adjust its color to match the ambient light of your surroundings.
Lighting effects for your Portrait Mode photos.
A full-featured texting app with end-to-end encryption.
A phone app that can send unknown callers to voicemail.
The newest operating system updates as soon as they're released.
All told, the advantages and disadvantages offered by both Apple and Samsung illustrate their different approaches when it comes to smartphone strategy.
- India’s largest home loan provider HDFC has given real estate stocks another reason to rally
- India’s Covaxin effective against Delta Plus variant of COVID-19, reveals ICMR study
- China’s crackdown on cryptocurrency trading will continue as its central bank raises the heat on financial institutions
- COVID-19 is back in Wuhan and many other parts of China that have been ‘virus free’ for months
- Fevicol bonds with 100+ brands on Friendship Day by becoming the stickiest comment on the internet