A foldable iPhone is reportedly in the works for 2023
iPhonecould have a completely different form factor in two years.
foldable iPhoneis expected as early as 2023, a note from the Appleanalyst Ming-Chi Kuo said.
- The phone would be larger than ever, at 7 to 8 inches, according to Kuo.
Apple's most important product, the iPhone, could be getting a major new form factor in the next few years.
Kuo said the foldable iPhone could be 7 to 8 inches, according to MacRumors. That would put it in line with the size of the iPad Mini.
Notably, we've heard in other reports that Apple is looking into foldable-screen concepts. The company has also patented a variety of foldable designs, though it's unclear whether any will become a reality.
Apple has not officially announced such a device, and company representatives didn't respond to a request for comment.
Apple's main smartphone competitor,
The most recent device, the Galaxy Z Fold 2, launched in September. In addition to the novelty of a folding screen, Samsung's folding smartphones have a hefty price tag: $2,000 and up.
If Apple were to release such a device, it could come with a similarly large price tag. For now, it appears Apple is still considering whether creating such a device is worth it.
Got a tip? Contact Insider senior correspondent Ben Gilbert via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Twitter DM (@realbengilbert). We can keep sources anonymous. Use a nonwork device to reach out. PR pitches by email only, please.
- Richest entrepreneurs under 40 named in the IIFL Wealth Hurun list became more richer by 12% in last one year
- Time taken to deliver items & returns are the key pain points for e-comm consumers
- DGCI allows Serum Institute to export malaria vaccine to UK
- Upcoming cars launching in India in October 2022
- Gurgaon-based Indifi disbursed ₹2,800 crore worth of loans to small business owners