A foldable iPhone is reportedly in the works for 2023
iPhonecould have a completely different form factor in two years.
foldable iPhoneis expected as early as 2023, a note from the Appleanalyst Ming-Chi Kuo said.
- The phone would be larger than ever, at 7 to 8 inches, according to Kuo.
Apple's most important product, the iPhone, could be getting a major new form factor in the next few years.
Apple has not officially announced such a device, and company representatives didn't respond to a request for comment.Apple's main smartphone competitor,
The most recent device, the Galaxy Z Fold 2, launched in September. In addition to the novelty of a folding screen, Samsung's folding smartphones have a hefty price tag: $2,000 and up.If Apple were to release such a device, it could come with a similarly large price tag. For now, it appears Apple is still considering whether creating such a device is worth it. Got a tip? Contact Insider senior correspondent Ben Gilbert via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Twitter DM (@realbengilbert). We can keep sources anonymous. Use a nonwork device to reach out. PR pitches by email only, please.
- Pinarayi Vijayan led government announces its list of newly elected MLAs
- Class 12 students waiting with bated breath for the final verdict on board exams
- CBSE class 10 results likely to be delayed as marks submission deadline for schools extended till June 30
- Maharashtra to consider staggered reopening depending on the COVID-19 cases in the state