A lot of websites are down
- Downdetector reported user issues with websites for UPS, FedEx, US Bank, Airbnb, and more.
- Akamai, a cloud-services company, said in a statement that it is investigating an emerging issue.
- Oracle said resources within the company's cloud service are not affected by the event.
Users are reporting issues with websites including Airbnb, Fidelity, FedEx, and more.
Downdetector, a site that reports website-user issues, reported numerous sites had experienced outages beginning around 12 p.m. ET on Thursday.
Akamai, a cloud-services company, said in a statement around noon that it is investigating an emerging issue with the Edge DNS service. Nearly an hour later, Akamai said the firm had implemented a fix for this issue and that services on Edge DNS were resuming normal operations.
-Akamai Technologies (@Akamai) July 22, 2021
Oracle said around 12:30 p.m. that the company is monitoring a global issue "related to Akamai edge DNS" that's affecting internet resources including Oracle cloud properties. A representative for Fastly, another web hosting service, told Insider that its platforms did not observe any outages.
"Resources within the Oracle cloud are continuing to run and are not impacted by this event," Oracle said.
Charles Schwab tweeted at 12:39 p.m. that some clients might have difficulty logging in to the company website. Charles Schwab added it was working to resolve the issue and that users could log in to the mobile app in the meantime.
-Charles Schwab Corp (@CharlesSchwab) July 22, 2021
A Delta Airlines spokesperson told Insider the global outage briefly impacted Delta.com and the Fly Delta app, but the company did not record any operational impact.
A Southwest Airlines representative told Insider the main website is not having difficulties, but the investor-relations site managed by a third party could be.
This is a developing story. Check insider.com for updates.
- Life and times of Rakesh Jhunjhunwala — the man behind the trader
- DOJ officials were alarmed by surveillance footage of the Mar-a-Lago room where classified info was being stored, report says
- Meet Judge Bruce Reinhart the magistrate who approved the FBI search warrant into Trump's Mar-a-Lago home receiving threats from MAGA supporters
- Why the melting of the Arctic ice matters to India
- The economics behind Reliance Jio’s operations
- Akshay Kumar-led 'Cuttputlli' sets September 2 premiere on Disney+ Hotstar
- Best anti-dandruff shampoos to buy in India
- India’s first electric double-decker bus launched in Mumbai; to foster sustainability in Transport Sector