A senator has urged Elon Musk to move to Wyoming as it has the 'best laws' for bitcoin and is 'the perfect state for innovation'
SenatorCynthia Lummis urged Elon Muskto move to Wyoming, saying it had the best bitcoinlaws.
- "Wyoming is the perfect state for innovation," Lummis told Yahoo Finance.
- Lummis said she hasn't heard back from Musk, who recently moved to Texas.
A Wyoming senator has urged Tesla CEO Elon Musk to move to her state, because it has the "best laws" for bitcoin and other digital currencies.
"He's a great innovator and Wyoming is the perfect state for innovation," Senator
"Ever think about relocating?" Lummis added.She told Yahoo Finance reporter Jessica Smith that she hadn't heard back from Musk but that she was "dying to have a dialogue with him." On Thursday, Lummis, a member of the Banking, Housing and Urban Affairs Committee, said on Twitter that the cryptocurrency had great potential for savers and described it as an "appreciating (or at least stable) asset."
"Congress' lack of fiscal discipline is largely responsible for debasing our currency," she added.
Lummis in January became the first incoming senator to hold bitcoin. At the time, she said she planned to hold her investment for the long term.Lummis told Yahoo Finance Wyoming was a great place for cryptocurrency holders like Tesla because it had "special depository financial institutions that were created specifically to transact business and hold deposits in bitcoin."
- Uttar Pradesh government announces Sunday lockdown amid rising COVID-19 cases in the state
- OPPO A74 smartphone with 5G support and 90Hz display to launch in India soon, to be priced under ₹20,000
- VCs say 10 unicorns in 4 months may seem too small by the end of this year
- Timelapse in Google Earth shows you the slow and scary demise of our only home in 3D
- Bhima Jewellery’s ‘Pure as love’ campaign is trending, and for all the right reasons