A top Twitter engineering boss says he quit the day of Ron DeSantis' botched campaign launch
- A top Twitter engineering boss says he quit his job the day of Ron DeSantis' campaign launch.
- The launch, on Twitter Spaces, was plagued with technical difficulties.
One of Twitter's top engineering bosses says he quit his job the day of Gov. Ron DeSantis' botched presidential candidate campaign launch.
"After almost four incredible years at Twitter, I decided to leave the nest yesterday," Foad Dabiri tweeted on Thursday. He didn't give a reason for his departure, but noted that the decision and its timing were "independent of any recent events."
On Wednesday, DeSantis announced his long-expected plan to run for president in 2024 during a Twitter Spaces livestream with the company's owner, tech mogul Elon Musk.
The stream was delayed by almost 30 minutes after the site crashed and the event was plagued with technical difficulties. Twitter has been widely mocked for the glitches, with Musk apparently furious with how the event panned out.
Twitter had 'two distinct eras: pre and post M&A'
Dabiri, Twitter's engineering lead for its Growth organization, had worked at the company since July 2019.
During his time at the company, he experienced "two distinct eras: pre and post M&A," Dabiri tweeted.
Musk took control of Twitter in October, and swiftly fired the company's CEO and other top execs before laying off half its workforce in one go.
He also rolled out sweeping changes to Twitter's subscription service and changed various content-moderation policies. Musk's leadership style shook up the company drastically. He pulled in workers from his other companies, set strict deadlines, and told staff to commit to working "extremely hardcore."
"To say it was challenging at the outset would be an understatement," Dabiri wrote. "The change was massive and rapid; we came through and emerged stronger, thanks to the remarkable team that held the fort."
Working with Musk had been "highly educational," Dabiri tweeted. "It was enlightening to see how his principles and vision are shaping the future of this company," he added.
- Elizabeth Holmes ordered dinners for Theranos staff but made sure they weren't delivered until after 8 p.m. so they worked late: book
- 2,000 years before 'manscaping' and smooth armpits, the Romans were seriously into hair removal, archaeological findings show
- Some people are apparently ditching their iPhones for a foldable Razr model. Yes, the kind that was popular 20 years ago.
- Adani Group repays loans worth $2.65 bn to complete prepayment programme
- Sensex, Nifty50 likely to open in the red amid volatility: Adani group, SBI Cards, Indigo among stocks to watch
- Henkel doubles down on India as hair care market at an inflection point – to evaluate laundry segment later
- IKIO Lighting IPO opens today: 10 things to know before you subscribe
- Best flagship phones in India in 2023