Airbnb is holding an all-hands meeting and rumors are circulating among employees that layoffs may be on the agenda
Airbnbis holding an all-hands meeting Tuesday, Business Insider has learned.
- Rumors have been circulating recently in anonymous online forums that the company may be making announcements about additional layoffs.
- Airbnb has already laid off contractors and postponed internships as it navigates economic fallout from the coronavirus.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Airbnb is holding an all-hands meeting Tuesday at noon, Business Insider has learned. At the same time, Airbnb employees have been posting on online forum Blind over the past few months that the company is weighing additional layoffs as its business continues to be hit by the coronavirus pandemic.
One commenter speculated about rumors of layoffs in March, with an Airbnb employee replying that the company's talks with investors had "delayed things" until May.
The company has already announced significant layoffs among its contractor workforce and postponed internships and new grad hires until 2021.Read the original article on Business Insider
Popular on BI
- India may require 31,000 pilots in next 20 years: Boeing
- Unlike global economy, India would not slow down: RBI article
- Tier-1 cities’ home sales is 2x of what it’s in tier-2 cities: PropEquity
- Thomas Cook India, SOTC launch Green Carpet to help companies manage carbon emissions of biz travel
- Moody's downgrades outlook for UBS to negative, after Credit Suisse take over