Alibaba Group is set to hire 5,000 technology professionals globally for its cloud business
Alibaba Groupon Tuesday (June 9) announced that its Cloud business is set to hire 5,000 people globally, this financial year.
- The cloud computing major plans to recruit employees across verticals including database, networking, servers and artificial intelligence.
- The development comes in the backdrop of its recent announcement to invest $28 billion over the next three years to build advanced data centers.
- As of now,
Alibaba Cloudhas data centers across 63 zones — including two in India.
“In light of the fast-growing demand for digital shift from global clients in all sectors, we are continuing with our commitment to offering world-class cloud services. To move forward in full speed, we are not only building trusted cloud technologies and services, but also investing in worldwide IT talents who are pioneering the development of cutting-edge cloud and data intelligence technologies,” Jeff Zhang, President of Alibaba Cloud Intelligence said.
In 2017, the Chinese e-commerce giant launched Alibaba DAMO Academy. The academy aims at hiring talent globally for technology research in areas like machine learning, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, Internet of Things (IoT) and vision computing. Its technological achievements over the past years include speech AI, image search, and CT image analytics.
The development comes in the backdrop of its recent announcement to invest $28 billion over the next three years to build advanced data centers. As of now, Alibaba Cloud has data centers across 63 zones — including two in India. The company opened its first data center in Mumbai in 2018.
“The digital transformation journey for businesses in China, which was previously expected to take three to five years, is now likely to be accelerated to be completed within one year,” Zhang added. Alibaba’ Cloud unit or the data intelligence vertical has over 70 security and compliance accreditations to its name.
IBM India CTO pitches grocery shopping by recipes, virtual mirrors and green stores — here's what AI can provide in the post-COVID world
Anand Mahindra’s Sanjivani solution for cos – think like a startup and do a Marie Kondo style clean up of portfolio
Popular on BI
- Toyota was right about hybrid cars all along
- The youngest son of Asia's richest man is getting married, and the pre-wedding event features Rihanna, a 9-page dress code, and live animals
- Check out some of the best and most daring looks at Ambani's pre-wedding bash — from Rihanna to Mark Zuckerberg
- Bengaluru cafe blast: Karnataka CM Siddaramaiah to chair meeting with top police officials today
- India retains full policy space for benefit of farmers, fishermen at WTO: Goyal
- Sensex, Nifty settle at new closing high levels in first part of special live trading session
- Passive Income Streams
- Gas stoves create more nanoparticle pollution than a busy street with diesel and gas cars, study finds