Amazon officially confirms it will hold a 2nd 'Prime Day' sales event in October
- Amazon announced it's holding a new sales event called the "Prime Early Access Sale" in October.
- Amazon has historically had a big sales event for its prime subscribers in July.
The sales event, which will run through October 11 and 12, will be called the "Prime Early Access Sale" and feature a list of 100 "popular and giftable items" per Amazon's press release.
Insider's Katherine Long reported in July that Amazon was planning an October deals event after viewing internal company documents describing the event, but confirmation only arrived Monday,
The documents reported by Insider called the Early Access Sale a "high velocity" sales event designed to reward people who are signed up to Amazon's subscription service, Amazon Prime.
Amazon is already famous for Prime Day, which takes place in July. The October timing of the Early Access Sale means Amazon will be throwing the sales event right before it heads into its busy holiday season, known internally as "peak."
Amazon increased the annual price of its Prime membership in February by $20 in the US, and announced in July it was raising prices in several European countries by as much as 43%.
Amazon did not immediately respond when contacted by Insider about why it had decided to introduce another sales day.
The e-commerce giant experienced a huge surge in demand at the onset of the pandemic, which caused the company to buy up warehouse space that now exceeds its needs, chief financial officer Brian Olsavsky told reporters in April.
- I was working toward a promotion at Amazon when my manager started emailing me about needing coaching. Now I'm worried about losing my job.
- Google's head of mental health and wellbeing was among the 12,000 workers laid off by the tech giant
- Mercedes-Benz says it has achieved Level 3 automation, which requires less driver input, surpassing the self-driving capabilities of Tesla and other major US automakers
- Pakistan facing worst economic crisis ever as its rupee plunges, says Asian Lite report
- Inflation in India expected to come down to 5 pc in 2023 and 4 pc in 2024: IMF
- Sensex, Nifty50 likely to open in the green amid mixed global cues: L&T, Tech Mahindra, Adani Enterprises, LIC among stocks in focus
- These are the brands that make shopping easy for customers
- Indian economy retains its crown as a bright spot: IMF report