Amazon Prime subscription will soon cost you up to 50% more from December 14
Amazonwill revise the prices of its Prime subscription from next month.
- The annual subscription will soon cost users ₹1,499, up from the current price of ₹999.
- The new prices will be applicable from December 14.
AdvertisementAmazon is gearing up to revise the prices of its popular Prime subscription by up to 50% from next month. This will affect its monthly, quarterly and annual plans as well.
Amazon in its app has posted a banner for non-Prime customers informing them that this is the “Last chance to join Prime at ₹999 per year”. Further, it adds that “Membership price will change to ₹1,499 per year soon”.
We expect the e-commerce giant to revise the prices soon. So, if you are thinking about getting the Prime subscription in the coming days, it is recommended that you subscribe soon.
Update: As per a banner on the Amazon app, the existing prices will be applicable till December 13, meaning the new prices will be applicable from December 14.
Clicking on the banner further reveals the revised prices for all its plans.
The monthly subscription will be revised from ₹129 to ₹179, the quarterly subscription will be revised from ₹329 to ₹359 and the annual subscription as mentioned earlier will soon cost ₹1,499, up by ₹500 from the current price of ₹999.
In its support page for Prime, the company has said, “Since the launch 5 years ago in India, Prime has continued to increase the value it offers members. Prime provides an unparalleled combination of shopping, savings and entertainment benefits to make life more convenient and entertaining every single day, and we continue to invest in making Prime even more valuable for customers.”
The support page has also answered some of the questions that you may have. Existing Prime customers will have to pay the new price once their subscription ends, however, the new amount will not be auto debited from your card or bank.
Some of the benefits that are offered with Amazon Prime include –
- Unlimited free one-day and two-day delivery on eligible items.
- Prime Video and Music subscription.
- Unlimited 5% rewards points for Amazon ICICI Bank credit card holders.
- Prime Reading.
- 30-minute early access to lightning deals.
Disney+ Hotstar announces new subscription plans with access to all content
How to view and delete your Amazon Prime Video watch history
Popular on BI
- How to use the realistic crying face filter on Snapchat
- Elon Musk praised Netflix for telling employees to quit if they couldn't work on content they disagreed with. He previously bashed the platform as having a 'woke mind virus.'
- The Terra LUNA crypto crash has sparked the debate on ‘true’ decentralisation
- Uber announces new features for wedding guests, business events and more
- WhatsApp update: Users will soon be able to exit groups silently
- India's wholesale inflation rises further to 15.08% in April from 14.55% a month ago
- China has released its list of top five sources of online fraud in 2022
- There is a strong case to go long on LIC say analysts and macroeconomic indicators