Apple CEO Tim Cook is among the high-profile executives that will testify in the upcoming 'Fortnite' court case
Tim Cookand Epic Games' Tim Sweeney will testify in the Fortnitecase.
- It marks the latest in a series of lawsuits Epic Games has filed against
- The court case is tentatively scheduled to start on May 3.
Apple Inc and Epic Games have called their chief executive officers to testify as part of the upcoming "Fortnite" App Store trial, court documents show.
Apple CEO Tim Cook, SVP Craig Federighi, and former marketing chief and present App Store vice-president Matt Fischer are on the list of tentative witnesses to testify live and face-to-face in the courtroom, among others.
Epic Games submitted its founder and CEO Tim Sweeney, store manager Steve Allison, and chief of online business strategy Thomas Ko, as its witnesses for the trial.
Apple responded in a statement to Bloomberg, which said it felt "confident the case will prove that Epic purposefully breached its agreement solely to increase its revenues."
The fight began after Epic Games circumvented rules Apple and Google have in place over in-app payments made through their App Stores.
Developers are obliged to pay Apple and Google a 30% commission on any payments that are made inside their apps. Epic Games claimed this was anti-competitive.
Epic Games then implemented its own payment system inside "Fortnite," which led to it being kicked off Apple's App Store and the Google Play Store, as Insider previously reported.
The Apple court case is provisionally due to start on May 3, with Cook due to give a 7-hour deposition.
Apple says its top executives "look forward to sharing with the court the very positive impact the App Store has had on innovation, economies across the world and the customer experience over the last 12 years," as reported by The Verge.
- Elon Musk sparks another Shiba Inu rally ‘to the moon’ — other Shiba coins follow suit
- The best wildlife photos of the year show a curious grizzly, dueling reindeer, and fish swimming through a cloud of sperm
- Trading app Public lists shiba inu coin on its trading platform as the Robinhood rival broadens crypto offerings
- Best TKL mechanical keyboards in India
- Buy Premium 2.1 channel speakers for audiophiles
- Best artificial flowers for living room decoration in India
- This Ethereum-based metaverse is letting crypto fans own land on the Red Planet, even though international space laws would disagree
- Unemployment rate in India sees a dip after a month