Apple just unveiled a new purple iPhone 12 that will be available for preorder Friday
Appleon Tuesday unveiled a new purple iPhone 12.
- The announcement was made at Apple's Spring Loaded event.
- When the
iPhone12 was announced last year it came in black, blue, green, red, and white.
Apple is now offering the iPhone 12 in a light purple color, CEO Tim Cook announced Tuesday during the company's Spring Loaded event.
The new color, which Cook said was arriving "just in time for spring," is the sixth color available to choose from with the iPhone 12 line. When Apple unveiled the iPhone 12 and the iPhone 12 Mini last fall, the new models came in black, blue, green, red, and white.
Apple said the purple iPhone 12 would be available for preorder Friday and fully available on April 30.
"This gorgeous new color joins the iPhone 12 and iPhone 12 mini family, which is available in five other stunning finishes, and features an advanced dual-camera system, Super Retina XDR display, improved durability, A14 Bionic - the fastest chip ever in a smartphone - great battery life, and the best 5G experience on any smartphone," Greg Joswiak, Apple's senior vice president of worldwide marketing, said in the press release.
The iPhone 12 comes in four models: the iPhone 12, the iPhone 12 Mini, the iPhone 12 Pro, and the iPhone 12 Pro Max.
Some analysts have called Apple's iPhone 12 lineup one of the company's most important launches in years. The smartphone models come with 5G compatibility, new sizes, and lower price tags. The standard iPhone starts at $799, and the iPhone 12 Mini starts at $699.
Apple's Tuesday event, dubbed Spring Loaded, is expected to include an unveiling of a new iPad Pro as well as, possibly, announcements of updates to AirTags, Apple TV, iMac, and the Apple Pencil. Apple released the current iPad Pro in March 2020. The event is available to watch on Apple's website.
- JPMorgan's Jamie Dimon says he isn't afraid of China, but would leave if the US government told him to
- Charlie Munger once said he and Warren Buffett weren't interested in emulating Elon Musk: 'We don't want that much failure'
- Instagram's crisis highlights the bigger issues the entire ad industry is facing
- Over 60 schools in and around Bengaluru receive bomb threat, students evacuated safely
- TVS Motor Co sales rise 31% to 3,64,231 units in November
- Johnny Depp unknowingly taught Ranveer Singh the craft of acting
- Midcap index rising for last 21 sessions, hitting fresh highs since November 16
- Global smartwatch shipments up 9% in Q3, Fire-Boltt & Huawei hit new highs: Report