Apple just unveiled 'Pro' AirPods that cost almost $100 more and have a brand-new design
- Apple just unveiled a new version of its ubiquitous wireless headphones: AirPods Pro costs $250 and are scheduled to arrive on October 30.
- In addition to a higher price, the AirPods Pro come with active noise-cancelling tech, are water-resistant, and have a new form factor.
- The stem on the AirPods Pro also enables users to interact with their iPhone through touch.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Apple's ubiquitous AirPods wireless headphones are getting a major update with the AirPods Pro: a smaller set of headphones with water resistance, active noise cancellation, and new touch functionality that enables users to interact with their phone through the headphones.The cost? $250 - a $90 jump over the base price of AirPods.Advertisement
There are a few main features of the new AirPods Pro that make them better than their predecessors:
- A major new design: The headphones now have shorter stems, and rubber tips for helping the headphones stay in your ears.
- The stems now have touch functionality, called a "force sensor": "The force sensor," Apple says, "makes it easy to play, pause or skip tracks, and answer or hang up phone calls."
- Noise cancellation: Apple calls it "Active Noise Cancellation," because the headphones aren't just sealing out the outside world - they're also actively pushing back. "Noise cancellation continuously adapts the sound signal 200 times per second," Apple says of the functionality.
- Water resistance: Apple says that "AirPods Pro are sweat- and water-resistant for non-water sports and exercise and have a rating of IPX4 under IEC standard 60529."
Apple's new AirPods Pro are scheduled to arrive on October 30 for $250, and are already available for preorder on Apple's website.
NOW WATCH: Watch Google's Pixel 4 event in 12 minutes
- Facebook partners with sixth VC firm in India – Matrix Partners to scale small businesses
- COVID-19 patients show signs of heart damage months later, says latest study
- The fourth largest phase 3 COVID-19 vaccine trial has started enrolling volunteers
- Disha Patani comes on board as Myntra’s first ‘beauty brand ambassador’
- CBSE to declare class 12 compartment exam results by October 12