Apple Pay users can now buy products with bitcoin using BitPay's Prepaid Mastercard
BitPaysaid on Friday holders of its Prepaid Mastercard could use their bitcoinon Apple Pay.
- BitPay said it would also add the cards to Google and Samsung Pay.
- Customers were "always looking for new places and ways to spend their
crypto," said BitPay.
BitPay said on Friday its bitcoin cards could be added to their
"We have thousands of BitPay Wallet app customers using the BitPay Card who are always looking for new places and ways to spend their crypto," said Stephen Pair, chief executive of BitPay, in a statement.He added: "Adding Apple Pay and soon Google and Samsung Pay makes it easy and convenient to use the BitPay Card in more places from day-to-day items to luxury purchases."
Read more: A crypto CEO breaks down why Tesla adding bitcoin to its balance sheet will create a 'domino effect' that lifts the cryptocurrency to $100,000 by the end of 2021 - and says Dogecoin is destined for a GameStop-style plungeBitcoin prices last week surged to new highs, breaking $48,000 for the first time, as companies adopted the cryptocurrency. Tesla on Monday said it had invested $1.5 billion into bitcoin. Twitter on Wednesday said it's considering adding some bitcoin to its balance sheet. Bank of New York Mellon planned to offer bitcoin transactions, according to The Wall Street Journal.
At least one bitcoin backer predicted its price would climb to $100,00o this year.On Monday, an RBC Capital Markets analyst raised his firm's price target for Apple shares, saying Apple may benefit from cryptocurrency. RBC analyst Mitch Steves said Apple could add billions in new business by allowing crypto trading and purchases.
"If the firm decides to enter into the crypto exchange business, we think the firm could immediately gain market share and disrupt the industry," RBC said.
- Infosys, Wipro, HDFC Bank and other stocks to watch out for on April 15
- India's largest opposition party blames national media for its lack of influence — but its new YouTube channel may only be targeting the Hindi belt
- Kellogg expands its portfolio by launching more Indianised products
- Infosys plans to hire 25,000 freshers over the next 12 months — a 26% boost for campus hiring in India
- IPL 2021: Rajasthan Royals and Delhi Capitals have won 11 matches each in the 22 times they clashed