How big is Playstation in India — at least 35,000 gamers were complaining when PS4 and PS5 network went down for an hour a little after dawn
PlayStation Networkwas down today morning for nearly two hours between 6:00 am to 8:00 am Indian Standard Time (IST).
- PlayStation 4 and
PlayStation5 users were spotted on Twitter venting their answer and contemplating a switch to a different console.
- The PlayStation Network is up and running again but Sony Interactive Entertainment is yet to explain what went wrong to cause such a massive outage.
However, at the time of writing this article, all the services are up and running again. Downdetector shows that the outage started at around 6:00 am Indian Standard Time (IST) and extended till around 8:00 am. At its peak, more than 35,000 users globally were complaining of issues logging in.
“Microsoft Xbox is losing the grip of the market and Sony’s PlayStation is sweeping the opportunity. There is definitely scope for a few more brands to foray into the category with value for money proposition,” noted Faisal Kawoosa, the founder and chief analyst at techARC.
In an interview with Zee Business, Prosenjit Ghosh, the head of Sony’s Playstation business in India, revealed that the sales of the PS4 console doubled between April to June as the pandemic had most people locked up at home.
With more sales, come more responsibilities
But, with the outage, there was a flood of users taking to Twitter to vent their frustration. While some chose to yell at the walls, others were spotted contemplating a change in console preference.
@PlayStation it’s been an hour. You going to explain to my walls why I’m yelling at them!?— Travy Clause (@wanna_be_don) 1613008946000
First time I turn on my PS4 in a few weeks and PSN goes down! Digital games are a pain. Oh well! :Shttps://t.co/uZ787pEG74— Kuillus (@kuillus) 1613008871000
@PlayStation umm I think you owe us a explanation you cost me a tournament now I can’t do it @_Norman_Juarez_ @josesoswag— Raul (@TxGloppy) 1613008968000
Me: “I’m gonna log on my PlayStation and purchase KOF 2002.” PSN: https://t.co/ARGpTUdba1— Great Shinobi - Owl (@gh0ulface) 1613008066000
With the PlayStation Network being down, there was a simultaneous spike in users reporting outages for games like Call of Duty, Apex Legends, Rocket League, and Fortnite.
The publishers of these games, like Epic Games, Rockstar and Sega, took to Twitter to confirm the outage and assure users that they were working on the problem.
PSA: We are aware that PSN is down and players are unable to connect to Rocket League. Please see the PlayStation N… https://t.co/VRJ7sDcnh2— Rocket League (@RocketLeague) 1613007706000
⚠️The PSN is currently experiencing a service interruption. Please check here for status updates: https://t.co/2O1UsSG0YR— Bethesda Support (@BethesdaSupport) 1613007641000
PlayStation Network is currently experiencing an outage. As PlayStation works to resolve this issue, you can keep u… https://t.co/mdwJoq20NH— Fortnite Status (@FortniteStatus) 1613006797000
While the issue now seems to be resolved, Sony Interactive Entertainment is yet to explain what caused the outage. Business Insider has reached out for a comment but is yet to receive a response.
Chaos at upGrad— mass resignations pour in as angry employees refuse to relocate instantly
With the new TDS rule, every time you make a payment, you must ask if the receiver has filed tax returns in last two years
Indian space startup fires world’s first fully 3D printed rocket engine as others play catch up
- Elon Musk sparks another Shiba Inu rally ‘to the moon’ — other Shiba coins follow suit
- Trading app Public lists shiba inu coin on its trading platform as the Robinhood rival broadens crypto offerings
- Federal Bank is offering internships for fresh graduates — Check out stipend, incentives and other details
- Dearness allowance hiked to 31% for central government employees
- IAF aircraft Mirage 2000 crashes in Madhya Pradesh's Bhind district, pilot ejected safely
- Wunderman Thompson South Asia’s Tarun Rai moves into a new role as Executive Director Strategic Initiatives, APAC
- KL Rahul to be the brand ambassador for realme's smartphone category
- India’s mutual fund industry gets its hands on blockbuster IPOs like Paras Defence and others for ₹1500 crore in September