From Bard to Magi: Google's latest weapon in the battle for search supremacy
Image credit- Canva
- Google's Magi project is rumored to be a game-changer focusing on personalization, conversational search, and product recommendations for purchase-related searches.
- With plans to roll out to one million users initially and expand to 30 million in the future, Magi aims to learn and adapt to user preferences continuously
- The urgency for Google to accelerate its AI efforts is fueled by the threat posed by competitors like Bing and the potential loss of lucrative contracts with Samsung and Apple.
AdvertisementThe race for AI-powered search dominance continues to heat up as Google reportedly prepares to counter Bing. After being caught off guard by Open AI's ChatGPT and Microsoft's Bing with ChatGPT, Google has responded with Bard. However, according to a recent report from the New York Times, Google is now working on a project codenamed Magi, which could potentially revolutionize the
The Magi's rumored features are exciting, focusing on personalization and conversational search. It is said to initially roll out to one million users, eventually expanding to 30 million, and may even incorporate product recommendations and ads for purchase-related searches. Additionally, there are whispers of a separate GIFI tool to enhance Google Image results with generated images.
As the search engine giants continue to push the boundaries of AI-powered search, it remains to be seen how Magi will shape up and whether its features will find their way into Google's current search offerings. But one thing is clear - the battle for search supremacy is far from over, and Google's Magi could be a game-changer in this ever-evolving tech landscape.
Google’s Magi rumored features
- Magi is poised to revolutionize the search experience by offering a highly personalized and conversational approach to Google Search.
- Google intends to roll out Magi's features to an initial user base of one million, with plans to expand its availability to a staggering 30 million users.
- Magi is designed to continuously learn and adapt to user preferences, offering tailored recommendations for purchasing products based on individual needs and preferences, making it a tool for personalized shopping experiences.
- Magi's search results page may incorporate targeted advertisements for searches that indicate purchase intent, providing relevant product ads to users seamlessly and conveniently.
Google doubling down on AI
In a surprising turn of events, the ripples of concern were sent through Google when news broke that Samsung was considering replacing Google with Microsoft's Bing as the default search engine on its devices. According to New York Times, this sent shockwaves through Google's employees and a sense of panic within the company.
With an estimated $3 billion in annual revenue at stake with the Samsung contract, and an additional $20 billion tied to a similar Apple contract up for renewal this year, the threat posed by AI-powered competitors like the new Bing has become the most serious challenge to Google's search business in 25 years. In response, Google is scrambling to develop an entirely new search engine powered by cutting-edge AI technology to stay ahead in the ever-evolving search landscape.
Sextortion: A looming threat to online security and how to defend against it
From fields to screens: KissanGPT, the AI chatbot helping Indian farmers maximize their profits
Popular on BI
- Market to focus on macro data, global trends: Analysts
- Tata Motors to hike commercial vehicle prices by up to 3% from Jan 1
- Musk to make 'Grok' more politically neutral after it shows similar views as ChatGPT
- Royal Bengal Tiger spotted in Sikkim at an altitude of above 3,500 metre
- FPIs invest Rs 26,505-crore in Indian equities in December