Bill Gates is officially a grandfather after his daughter, Jennifer, announces the birth of her first child
- Bill Gates is now a grandfather.
- His oldest child, 26-year-old Jennifer Gates, just announced she's welcomed a baby into her family.
Bill Gates is now a grandfather.
The eldest of his three children, 26-year-old Jennifer Gates, announced over the weekend that she has given birth to her first child. She shares the child with her husband, Egyptian equestrian Nayel Nassar.
"Sending love from our healthy little family," she said in an Instagram post of the couple holding their baby.
In an Instagram story, Bill Gates wrote, "Congratulations Jenn and Nayel. I'm so proud."
Melinda French Gates, his ex-wife and Jennifer's mother, commented on Jennifer's post: "Welcome to the world. My heart overflows."
Jennifer's younger sister, 20-year-old Phoebe Gates, commented three red hearts.
Jennifer Gates, an avid equestrian, and Nassar married in October 2021; they announced in November 2022 that they were expecting their first child.
Bill Gates has said the news that he would become a grandparent has changed his views on life and his philanthropy through the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.
"I started looking at the world through a new lens recently — when my older daughter gave me the incredible news that I'll become a grandfather next year," he said in an end-of-year blog post in December. "Simply typing that phrase, 'I'll become a grandfather next year,' makes me emotional. And the thought gives a new dimension to my work. When I think about the world my grandchild will be born into, I'm more inspired than ever to help everyone's children and grandchildren have a chance to survive and thrive."
- Gas stoves create more nanoparticle pollution than a busy street with diesel and gas cars, study finds
- Climate change could cause millions of children to be born prematurely, suffer lifelong complications
- Markets record rally makes investors richer by ₹4.29 lakh crore
- From undernutrition to obesity, Lancet study unveils India's double whammy
- GST collections in February rise 12.5% to cross ₹1.68 lakh crore