Bill Gates accused of being dismissive toward Melinda Gates at work and pursuing female employees at Microsoft and the Gates Foundation: NYT report
Bill Gateswas described as dismissive toward Melinda in meetings, The New York Times reported.
- According to the report, sources said Gates also pursued women at
- Six former and current employees for Gates told The Times he created an uncomfortable workplace.
The Microsoft cofounder Bill Gates was said to be dismissive toward his wife,
People with knowledge of Gates and his companies and financial dealings told The Times that Gates had pursued women who worked for him at Microsoft and at the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.
Bridgitt Arnold, a representative for Gates, told The Times that "any claim that Gates spoke of his marriage or Melinda in a disparaging manner is false."
She continued: "The claim of mistreatment of employees is also false. The rumors and speculation surrounding Gates's divorce are becoming increasingly absurd, and it's unfortunate that people who have little to no knowledge of the situation are being characterized as 'sources.'"
On one occasion in 2006, more than a decade after he and French Gates wed, he was said to have attended a presentation by a female employee of Microsoft and emailed her afterward to ask her to dinner, The Times reported.
"If this makes you uncomfortable, pretend it never happened," Gates wrote in the email, a source told The Times.
Another woman, whose identity was not published by The Times, said Gates once asked her to dinner while the two were in New York on a trip for their work at the Gates Foundation.
Sources familiar with Gates' endeavors also told the outlet that Gates was at times dismissive of French Gates in workplace meetings at the Gates Foundation.
In total, six current and former employees of Gates said he and his actions created a workplace that made them "uncomfortable," according to the report.
The couple, who met while French Gates was an employee at Microsoft, announced their split May 3 after 27 years of marriage.
Gates' relationship with the disgraced financier Jeffrey Epstein is said to have played a role in the couple's split, according to the Times report and previous reporting from The Daily Beast and The Wall Street Journal.
- Seeking nominations for the 2024 rising stars of adtech
- Eli Lilly stock will surge 29% over the next year with its weight-loss drug on pace to do $60 billion in sales by 2030, BofA says
- A millennial who quit her office job to live in a school bus explains what her lifestyle costs and how she makes 6 figures freelancing
- Know what are the 7 signs and symptoms of high cholesterol in your body
- Tata Motors to demerge biz into two separate listed companies
- Best drinks for constipation relief and digestive ease
- 10 Reasons why you should opt for plant-based diet
- Discover peace at India's most calming hideout: top 10 stress-free places in India