Boston Dynamics unveils Stretch, a new robot designed to move boxes in warehouses
Boston Dynamicsjust introduced Stretch, a new robot for moving boxes in warehouses.
- The company is best known for creating
Spot, the robotic dog.
- Stretch is in a pilot program now, and will make a commercial debut in 2022.
Boston Dynamics, the
It's a "box-moving robot designed to support the growing demand for flexible automation solutions in the
The new robot is optimized for any tasks that require moving boxes, including unloading trucks and eventually building orders. The base can move in different directions to navigate loading docks and maneuver around tight spaces and changing layouts.
Boston Dynamics says Stretch's robotic arm is lightweight and custom-designed with a "smart gripper" that can handle different types of boxes and coverings. Computer vision technology enables Stretch to identify boxes without need specific training for each customer.
The company is looking for pilot customers to test Stretch before it is commercially available in 2022.
Take a look at the new robot in action here.
Do you have a story to share about a retail or restaurant chain? Email this reporter at email@example.com.
- Mukka Proteins IPO allotment – How to check allotment, GMP, listing date and more
- Know what are the 7 signs and symptoms of high cholesterol in your body
- Tata Motors to demerge biz into two separate listed companies
- Best drinks for constipation relief and digestive ease
- 10 Reasons why you should opt for plant-based diet