Caitlyn Jenner tells Elon Musk he's 'public enemy number one to some very, very bad people' and that she's worried about his safety
- Caitlyn Jenner told Elon Musk he's become "public enemy number one for very, very bad people."
- In a Friday tweet, the former Olympian voiced her concerns of the billionaire's safety.
Caitlyn Jenner told Elon Musk she's worried about his safety following the release of "The Twitter Files" in relation to the latest Hunter Biden laptop controversy.
In a Friday tweet, the former Olympian said: "@elonmusk I hope you are surrounded by massive security and in an extremely safe undisclosed location - you just became public enemy number one to some very very bad people, I pray for your safety and thank you for your bravery! We need more @elonmusk in our society!!!"
Musk, Twitter's new owner, also said during a live interview Saturday on Twitter Space that he probably should "increase his security." One speaker had asked whether he was feeling any pressure since releasing documents detailing Twitter's decisions to supress a 2020 New York Post report about a laptop linked to President Biden's son Hunter.
The billionaire, who acquired the social media platform October 27, justified releasing the internal documents saying his goal was to build trust. Independent journalist Matt Taibbi obtained the documents – it is unclear whether Musk provided them – and posted internal communications and other details about the company's decisions at the time.
Musk said in a tweet: "Twitter acting by itself to suppress free speech is not a 1st amendment violation, but acting under orders from the government to suppress free speech, with no judicial review, is."
Insider reached out to Musk for comment.
- Indian startup founders celebrate Paytm’s success as company posts first operating profit
- Kim Jong Un abruptly reappears after 36 days out of the spotlight and orders North Korea to 'prepare for war'
- OpenAI makes a ChatGPT-like tool called Codex that can write software. Here's why Codex won't replace developers and will instead create more demand for their skills.
- PM Modi endorses Indian Oil's 'Surya Nutan' solar cooker at India Energy Week! Should you switch?
- Adani Power's Q3 profit plunges 96% to Rs 9 cr as expenses rise
- After an Ather 450X catches fire, the company says its battery is safe — fire was due to a wiring harness issue
- CCTV camera for home with mobile connectivity for 2023
- Best smartwatches under ₹3000