Cat owners are filming their pets interacting with 'Stray,' a new video game where you play as a lost cat in a robot city
- "Stray" is a new video game where the player commands a lost cat in a cyberpunk-inspired city.
- Cat owners are posting videos to social media of their cats watching and interacting with the game.
"Stray" — a new video game where the player commands a stray cat lost in a robot city — is taking social media by storm, particularly among cats and their owners.
People are filming their feline friends interacting with the game as they play and posting videos to TikTok and other social media.
The Twitter account @CatsWatchStray has over 13,000 followers and has tweeted 280 times as of Thursday, and the game debuted on Tuesday.
The game, published by Annapurna Interactive and developed by Blue Twelve Studio, features an option where the player can press a button to make the cat "meow." One of the most recent videos shared by the Twitter account features a cat watching the screen as the in-game cat incessantly makes the noise.
"This butthole does this from midnight to three am," the Twitter user wrote, referring to his cat's late-night meowing. "Finally get to pay him back."
—Rich Bininger (@rbininger) July 21, 2022
By Thursday, the hashtag #straygame on TikTok had accumulated over 28 million views.
"Stray" is available on PC and PlayStation. On Tuesday, it became Annapurna Interactive's biggest launch game ever for PC on Steam, an online video-game distributor, with nearly 63,000 concurrent players.
- India's GDP growth surges to 8.4% in Q3, 2023-24 growth rate pegged at robust 7.6%
- Fiscal deficit at Jan-end touches 63.6% of full year target: Govt data
- Cabinet approves 3 semiconductor fab units, to generate 80,000 jobs
- RIL shares climb nearly 1% after announcing mega merger
- Key infra sectors' growth slows to 15-month low of 3.6% in January